Mayland Community College
- Mayland offers a variety of curriculum programs, including numerous college transfer options, as well as adult education, distance learning, and dual enrollment for high school students. The open-door admission policy accepts students as young as 14, in the Early College High School, and as senior as octogenarians, in the Continuing Education Program.
- Enrollment: 441 students
- In-state tuition: $2,561
- Out-state tuition: $8,584
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 3:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Association of Student Medical Assistants, Circle K International, Collegiate Future Farmers of America (FFA), Early Childhood Education Club, Human Services Student Organization, Student Ambassadors Association, Student Government Association, Student Nurses Assiciation
- Mayland Community College is located in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina. It is currently one of 58 institutions operating under the North Carolina Community College System.
- Mayland offers a variety of curriculum programs, including numerous college transfer options, as well as adult education, distance learning, and dual enrollment for high school students. The open-door admission policy accepts students as young as 14, in the Early College High School, and as senior as octogenarians, in the Continuing Education Program.???
- To assist the local workforce, MCC provides hundreds of workforce development and continuing education courses that directly serve the needs of local and regional business and industries, as well as the civic and cultural interests of the community. And the colleges recent revitalization involves a strong commitment to the economic development within the three counties it serves.
- In addition, Mayland Community College offers correctional education at Avery/Mitchell and Mountain View correctional facilities.
- Our successes and achievements consistently receive national rankings.
- 10th ranked college on the 50 top community colleges ?thebestschools.org
- 32nd ranked college in the top 50 community colleges ?Washington Monthly
- 9th ranked college in the nations top 10 community colleges ?Bankrate, Inc.
- 16th ranked in Community Colleges in the U.S.??Create A Careers Top 25?
- In its role as the educational gateway to opportunity in Mitchell, Avery, and Yancey counties, Mayland values community, excellence, and opportunity above all.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mayland Community College cost?
Mayland Community College's tuition is approximately $2,561 for In-State students and $8,584 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Mayland Community College?
The acceptance rate of Mayland Community College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 82%.
What is Mayland Community College's ranking?
Mayland Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Least debt for graduating students.