Isothermal Community College
- Isothermal Community College exists to improve life through learning. Isothermal Community College is an institution committed to the journey charted by the concept of the Learning-Centered College.
- The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Isothermal Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,057 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||859 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,198 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Isothermal Community College, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, is a comprehensive, two-year, public institution that serves the individuals in Rutherford and Polk Counties. The College offers individual courses and certificate, diploma and degree programs that enable students to transfer to four-year institutions or to acquire skills for new or continued employment, as well as to function effectively as citizens in our society. In addition, the College provides training for area business and industry, personal enrichment courses, remedial and developmental courses and community service activities. Programs of study fall into two major categories: college transfer and career preparation. The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degree Programs are designed primarily for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Programs are designed for career preparation. Some Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs are also transferable to four-year colleges and universities. Isothermal Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Isothermal Community College is McDowell Technical Community College (22.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,056 students | 22.10 Mi54 College Drive
Marion,  NC  28752
- 2,990 students | 24.20 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
- 5,495 students | 25.40 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
- 793 students | 26.60 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
- 2,088 students | 28.90 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.