Isothermal Community College
Tel: (828) 286-3636
- Isothermal Community College exists to improve life through learning. Isothermal Community College is an institution committed to the journey charted by the concept of the Learning-Centered College.
The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Isothermal Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||139 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Isothermal Community College, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, is a comprehensive, two-year, public institution that serves the individuals in Rutherford and Polk Counties. The College offers individual courses and certificate, diploma and degree programs that enable students to transfer to four-year institutions or to acquire skills for new or continued employment, as well as to function effectively as citizens in our society. In addition, the College provides training for area business and industry, personal enrichment courses, remedial and developmental courses and community service activities. Programs of study fall into two major categories: college transfer and career preparation. The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degree Programs are designed primarily for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Programs are designed for career preparation. Some Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs are also transferable to four-year colleges and universities. Isothermal Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
The nearest community college to Isothermal Community College is McDowell Technical Community College (22.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,056 students | 22.10 Mi54 College Drive
Marion,  NC  28752
(828) 652-6021 22.101,056
- 2,990 students | 24.10 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
(704) 669-6000 24.102,990
- 5,495 students | 24.70 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
(864) 592-4600 24.705,495
- 793 students | 27.50 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
(864) 587-4000 27.50793
- 2,088 students | 28.90 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
(828) 694-1700 28.902,088
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!