- Isothermal Community College exists to improve life through learning. Isothermal Community College is an institution committed to the journey charted by the concept of the Learning-Centered College.
Isothermal Community College serves 2,042 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,042 students
- In-state tuition: $2,358
- Out-state tuition: $8,502
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Verified school update
Isothermal Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
The teacher population of 247 teachers has grown by 77% over five years.
Isothermal Community College
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Isothermal Community College has grown by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Isothermal Community College diversity score of 0.38 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 13% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,358 is less than the state average of $2,531. The in-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,502 is more than the state average of $8,245. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Isothermal Community College, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, is a comprehensive, two-year, public institution that serves the individuals in Rutherford and Polk Counties. The College offers individual courses and certificate, diploma and degree programs that enable students to transfer to four-year institutions or to acquire skills for new or continued employment, as well as to function effectively as citizens in our society. In addition, the College provides training for area business and industry, personal enrichment courses, remedial and developmental courses and community service activities. Programs of study fall into two major categories: college transfer and career preparation. The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degree Programs are designed primarily for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Programs are designed for career preparation. Some Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs are also transferable to four-year colleges and universities. Isothermal Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Isothermal Community College cost?
Isothermal Community College's tuition is approximately $2,358 for In-State students and $8,502 for Out-State students.
What is Isothermal Community College's ranking?
Isothermal Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.