Isothermal Community College
Tel: (828) 286-3636
- Isothermal Community College exists to improve life through learning. Isothermal Community College is an institution committed to the journey charted by the concept of the Learning-Centered College.
The teacher population of 139 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Isothermal Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||139 staff||141 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Isothermal Community College, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, is a comprehensive, two-year, public institution that serves the individuals in Rutherford and Polk Counties. The College offers individual courses and certificate, diploma and degree programs that enable students to transfer to four-year institutions or to acquire skills for new or continued employment, as well as to function effectively as citizens in our society. In addition, the College provides training for area business and industry, personal enrichment courses, remedial and developmental courses and community service activities. Programs of study fall into two major categories: college transfer and career preparation. The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degree Programs are designed primarily for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Programs are designed for career preparation. Some Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs are also transferable to four-year colleges and universities. Isothermal Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
The nearest community college to Isothermal Community College is McDowell Technical Community College (22.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,105 students | 22.10 Mi54 College Drive
Marion,  NC  28752
(828) 652-6021 22.101,105
- 2,551 students | 24.10 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
(704) 669-4136 24.102,551
- 4,534 students | 24.70 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
(864) 592-4500 24.704,534
- 869 students | 27.50 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
(864) 587-00000000 27.50869
- 2,186 students | 28.90 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
(828) 694-1700 28.902,186
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.