Marymount California University
Marymount California University Photo #2 - Marymount offers real-world learning opportunities, which are abundant in a big city and the university's proximity to places like the Port of Los Angeles where Dominique Vasquez is helping to document The Swim, a documentary on the Discovery Channel.
Marymount California University Photo #3 - Marymount's STEM biology program graduates students who experiment in state-of-the-art labs that prepare them for prestigious medical schools and careers.
Marymount California University Photo #4 - Cody Rosa and other Marymount graduates find internships and jobs at great companies like SpaceX.
Marymount California University Photo #5 - Marymount introduces a competitive eSports team in 2019, bringing its athletic program offerings to 16.
- Marymount California University is a private liberal arts university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, rooted in the Catholic faith. The school welcomes students of all faiths, backgrounds and diversity of experience to build skills for lifelong learning in a supportive community that promotes academic and career success. Ranked among the top 15 regional colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report, Marymount offers undergraduate and graduate programs that lead to associate, bachelor`s and master`s degrees. Students may choose an emphasis in business, criminal justice, digital communication media, psychology, accounting, management, biology or multidisciplinary studies, and add an MBA to any bachelor's degree and graduate in as little as one additional year.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Marymount California University||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||657 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||612 students||1,490 students|
|# Graduate Students||45 students||80 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Cross Country,|
Softball, Surf Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Chess Club, Drama Club, Latinos Unidos, LGBT Club, Nova Enactus, Peer Health Educators, Philosophy Club, Psychology Club, Rotaract Club, Student Government Association, Student Veterans Organization, Sustainable Student Union
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Marymount California University is a private, four-year, liberal arts university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California that grants associate's, bachelor's and master's degrees. Students may choose an emphasis in business, criminal justice, digital communication media, psychology, accounting, management, biology or multidisciplinary studies, and add an MBA to any bachelor's degree and graduate in as little as one additional year.
- Villa Living -- Instead of a university dorm, you`ll live in a furnished, two-story townhome--complete with a kitchen, living room, patio and even a garage. All villas have central air/heat and lots of amenities, including a sand volleyball court, pool, fitness center, 24-hour study lounges, and an outdoor pizza oven! The gated community is patrolled by campus safety 24/7.
- Athletics -- MCU participates in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics with 16 teams spanning baseball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track, volleyball and two new additions of surfing and eSports.
- Applying to MCU-First Year -- We carefully consider all applicants; however, academic performance (GPA) and the quality of academic preparation are most important to us. Successful applicants possess a cumulative academic GPA of a 2.50 or higher and have completed a college preparatory curriculum. We requre a personal essay for admission and highly recommend standardized test scores if you want to be considered for merit scholarships.
- Applying to MCU-Transfer -- You are considered a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and completed or attempted course work at any college or university. We require a completed admission application; an official high school transcript showing high school graduation date if transferring fewer than 60 credit hours; official transcripts from all colleges, universities or post-secondary institutions attended; and a personal statement. MCU guarantees admission to transfer applicants who meet certain grade requirements.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Marymount California University is Los Angeles Harbor College (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,145 students | 4.60 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 310 students | 4.60 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 1,136 students | 7.50 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
- 252 students | 10.30 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
- 24,207 students | 10.40 Mi16007 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance,  CA  90506
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.