Marymount California University
Tel: (310) 303-7311
Marymount California University Photo #2 - Marymount recruits players to its eSports team with the promise of competitive scrimmages, team building and scholarships.
Marymount California University Photo #3 - Marymount offers real-world learning opportunities, which are abundant in a big city and the university's proximity to places like the Port of Los Angeles where Dominique Vasquez is helping to document The Swim, a documentary on the Discovery Channel.
Marymount California University Photo #4 - Digital communication media majors build professional-quality portfolios that showcase their creative talents and prepare them for exciting careers in the visual arts.
Marymount California University Photo #5 - MCU students visit Bruce's Beach in Manhattan Beach as part of an event co-sponsored by MCU's Black Student Union and Veritas Society. Professor Carlos Royal organized the event with local city officials to help students learn about black history in Los Angeles.
Marymount California University Photo #6 - Marymount's STEM biology program graduates students who experiment in state-of-the-art labs that prepare them for prestigious medical schools and careers.
Marymount California University Photo #7 - MCU criminal justice students participate in forensic science lab work that prepares them for careers in law enforcement, the courts, corrections and social justice.
Marymount California University Photo #8 - Senior Toast is a Marymount tradition that celebrates the achievements of the graduating class.
Marymount California University Photo #9 - Cody Rosa and other Marymount graduates find internships and jobs at great companies like SpaceX.
- Marymount California University is a private liberal arts university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, rooted in the Catholic faith. The school welcomes students of all faiths, backgrounds and diversity of experience to build skills for lifelong learning in a supportive community that promotes academic and career success. Ranked among the top liberal arts schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Marymount offers undergraduate and graduate programs that lead to associate's, bachelor`s and master`s degrees. Students may choose an emphasis in business, criminal justice, digital communication media, psychology, accounting, management, marketing, biology or multidisciplinary studies, and add an MBA to any bachelor's degree and graduate in as little as one additional year. MCU is also a College of Distinction and ranks #1 in California (#3 in America) for its safe campus (Niche).
The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 29% over five years.
|Marymount California University||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||46 staff||149 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Cross Country,|
Softball, Surf Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Societies, Asian Pacific Islander Student Association, Black Student Union, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Delta Epsilon Sigma, Drama Club, Latinos Unidos, LGBT Club, Mental Health Learning and Inclusion, Nova Enactus, Peer Health Educators, Philosophy Club, Psi Chi, Psychology Club, Resident Assistants, Rotaract Club, Sigma Beta Delta, Student Government Association, Student Veterans Organization, Sustainable Student Union
Arts and Music Programs:
Radio Station (KMCU), Spring Play
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Marymount California University is a private, four-year, liberal arts university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California that grants associate's, bachelor's and master's degrees. Students may choose an emphasis in business, criminal justice, digital communication media, psychology, accounting, management, marketing, biology or multidisciplinary studies, and add an MBA to any bachelor's degree and graduate in as little as one additional year.
- Villa Living -- Instead of a university dorm, you`ll live in a furnished, two-story townhome--complete with a kitchen, living room, patio and even a garage. All villas have central air/heat and lots of amenities, including onsite dining, laundry facilities, a sand volleyball court, heated pool, fitness center, and free WiFi and DirecTV. The gated community is patrolled by campus safety 24/7.
- Athletics -- MCU participates in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics with 16 teams spanning baseball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track, volleyball and two new additions of surfing and eSports.
- Honors -- The MCU Honors Program offers high-achieving students (3.5 GPA) the opportunity to enrich their college experience through interdisciplinary honors courses and career-enhancing experiences that encourage critical thinking, collaboration and connection.
- Applying to MCU-First Year -- We carefully consider all applicants; however, academic performance (GPA) and the quality of academic preparation are most important to us. Successful applicants possess a cumulative academic GPA of a 2.50 or higher and have completed a college preparatory curriculum. We requre a personal essay for admission and recommend standardized test scores if you want to be considered for merit scholarships.
- Applying to MCU-Transfer -- You are considered a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and completed or attempted course work at any college or university. We require a completed admission application; an official high school transcript showing high school graduation date if transferring fewer than 60 credit hours; official transcripts from all colleges, universities or post-secondary institutions attended; and a personal statement. MCU guarantees admission to transfer applicants who meet certain grade requirements.
Profile last updated: 07/19/2021
The nearest community college to Marymount California University is Los Angeles Harbor College (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,704 students | 4.40 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 4.408,704
- 310 students | 4.60 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 816-5700 4.60310
- 1,136 students | 7.60 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach, CA 90810
(562) 624-9530 7.601,136
- 24,820 students | 10.50 Mi16007 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance, CA 90506
(310) 532-3670 10.5024,820
- 7,046 students | 12.00 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 12.007,046
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?