Marymount California University
- Marymount California University is a private liberal arts university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, rooted in the Catholic faith. The school welcomes students of all faiths, backgrounds and diversity of experience to build skills for lifelong learning in a supportive community that promotes academic and career success. Ranked among the top liberal arts schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Marymount offers undergraduate and graduate programs that lead to associate's, bachelor`s and master`s degrees. Students may choose an emphasis in business, criminal justice, digital communication media, psychology, accounting, management, marketing, biology or multidisciplinary studies, and add an MBA to any bachelor's degree and graduate in as little as one additional year. MCU is also a College of Distinction and ranks #1 in California (#3 in America) for its safe campus (Niche).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 646 students
- Private-state tuition: $35,158
- Acceptance Rate: 45%
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Verified school update
Marymount California University ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Societies, Asian Pacific Islander Student Association, Black Student Union, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Delta Epsilon Sigma, Drama Club, Latinos Unidos, LGBT Club, Mental Health Learning and Inclusion, Nova Enactus, Peer Health Educators, Philosophy Club, Psi Chi, Psychology Club, Resident Assistants, Rotaract Club, Sigma Beta Delta, Student Government Association, Student Veterans Organization, Sustainable Student Union
Arts and Music Programs:
Radio Station (KMCU), Spring Play
- Marymount California University is a private, four-year, liberal arts university in Rancho Palos Verdes, California that grants associate's, bachelor's and master's degrees. Students may choose an emphasis in business, criminal justice, digital communication media, psychology, accounting, management, marketing, biology or multidisciplinary studies, and add an MBA to any bachelor's degree and graduate in as little as one additional year.
- Villa Living -- Instead of a university dorm, you`ll live in a furnished, two-story townhome--complete with a kitchen, living room, patio and even a garage. All villas have central air/heat and lots of amenities, including onsite dining, laundry facilities, a sand volleyball court, heated pool, fitness center, and free WiFi and DirecTV. The gated community is patrolled by campus safety 24/7.
- Athletics -- MCU participates in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics with 16 teams spanning baseball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track, volleyball and two new additions of surfing and eSports.
- Honors -- The MCU Honors Program offers high-achieving students (3.5 GPA) the opportunity to enrich their college experience through interdisciplinary honors courses and career-enhancing experiences that encourage critical thinking, collaboration and connection.
- Applying to MCU-First Year -- We carefully consider all applicants; however, academic performance (GPA) and the quality of academic preparation are most important to us. Successful applicants possess a cumulative academic GPA of a 2.50 or higher and have completed a college preparatory curriculum. We requre a personal essay for admission and recommend standardized test scores if you want to be considered for merit scholarships.
- Applying to MCU-Transfer -- You are considered a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and completed or attempted course work at any college or university. We require a completed admission application; an official high school transcript showing high school graduation date if transferring fewer than 60 credit hours; official transcripts from all colleges, universities or post-secondary institutions attended; and a personal statement. MCU guarantees admission to transfer applicants who meet certain grade requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Marymount California University cost?
Marymount California University's private state tuition is approximately $35,158.
What is the acceptance rate of Marymount California University?
The acceptance rate of Marymount California University is 45%, which is lower than the state average of 100%.
What sports does Marymount California University offer?
Marymount California University offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Marymount California University's ranking?
Marymount California University ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Diversity in US community colleges.