El Camino Community College District
- The teacher population of 528 teachers has declined by 19% over five years.
|El Camino Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||528 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||24,207 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||8,298 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,909 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,900||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, El Camino College is situated on a beautiful and spacious 126-acre campus near Torrance, California. The college enrolls more than 25,000 students each semester and boasts a curriculum of over 850 highly regarded academic and career programs taught by exceptional faculty. Today, El Camino College students enjoy a broad curriculum featuring nearly 2,500 different classes offered in some 850 different programs. With more courses available during a variety of class times, including online and telecourses, students have wide flexibility in individual scheduling. The college confers the associate degree each spring on some 1,400 students who have completed their 60 semester units and who have satisfied their major field of study obligations. Many students each year also qualify for certificates of completion, signifying course requirements have been met in major skill areas. Located centrally in the South Bay, the El Camino College District encompasses five unified and high school districts, twelve elementary school districts and nine cities, a population of almost one million. The El Camino Community College District includes the cities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne, Lennox and Inglewood. El Camino College has been proud to serve our community's educational and cultural needs through outstanding course offerings, diverse entertainment venues, and exceptional athletic and fitness opportunities.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,937 students | 5.60 Mi1600 W Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles,  CA  90047
- 7,611 students | 6.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
- 10,145 students | 7.40 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
- 1,136 students | 8.80 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
- 310 students | 8.90 Mi272 S Fries Ave l Los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington,  CA  90744
(310)816-5700 x 5721 8.90310
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.