El Camino Community College District
El Camino Community College District ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
The teacher population of 528 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|El Camino Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||528 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, El Camino College is situated on a beautiful and spacious 126-acre campus near Torrance, California. The college enrolls more than 25,000 students each semester and boasts a curriculum of over 850 highly regarded academic and career programs taught by exceptional faculty. Today, El Camino College students enjoy a broad curriculum featuring nearly 2,500 different classes offered in some 850 different programs. With more courses available during a variety of class times, including online and telecourses, students have wide flexibility in individual scheduling. The college confers the associate degree each spring on some 1,400 students who have completed their 60 semester units and who have satisfied their major field of study obligations. Many students each year also qualify for certificates of completion, signifying course requirements have been met in major skill areas. Located centrally in the South Bay, the El Camino College District encompasses five unified and high school districts, twelve elementary school districts and nine cities, a population of almost one million. The El Camino Community College District includes the cities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne, Lennox and Inglewood. El Camino College has been proud to serve our community's educational and cultural needs through outstanding course offerings, diverse entertainment venues, and exceptional athletic and fitness opportunities.
The nearest community college to El Camino Community College District is Los Angeles Southwest College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,678 students | 3.40 Mi1600 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323) 241-5225 3.405,678
- 7,046 students | 6.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 6.807,046
- 8,704 students | 7.70 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 7.708,704
- 2,811 students | 8.60 Mi6812 Pacific Blvd.
Huntington Park, CA 90255
(310) 482-6996 8.602,811
- 16,000 students | 8.80 Mi9000 Overland Avenue
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 287-4200 8.8016,000
A bond measure that would have provided funds for community college expansion and renovation went down in San Mateo County, and we’ll look at how community college officials will handle the loss.
Once merely an afterthought in education, early education may finally be getting the critical attention it deserves. Learn more about how community colleges are playing a role in discovering the value of comprehensive training in early education.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?