El Camino Community College District
El Camino Community College District ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
The teacher population of 1,037 teachers has grown by 62% over five years.
|El Camino Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||1,037 staff||308 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, El Camino College is situated on a beautiful and spacious 126-acre campus near Torrance, California. The college enrolls more than 25,000 students each semester and boasts a curriculum of over 850 highly regarded academic and career programs taught by exceptional faculty. Today, El Camino College students enjoy a broad curriculum featuring nearly 2,500 different classes offered in some 850 different programs. With more courses available during a variety of class times, including online and telecourses, students have wide flexibility in individual scheduling. The college confers the associate degree each spring on some 1,400 students who have completed their 60 semester units and who have satisfied their major field of study obligations. Many students each year also qualify for certificates of completion, signifying course requirements have been met in major skill areas. Located centrally in the South Bay, the El Camino College District encompasses five unified and high school districts, twelve elementary school districts and nine cities, a population of almost one million. The El Camino Community College District includes the cities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne, Lennox and Inglewood. El Camino College has been proud to serve our community's educational and cultural needs through outstanding course offerings, diverse entertainment venues, and exceptional athletic and fitness opportunities.
The nearest community college to El Camino Community College District is Los Angeles Southwest College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,409 students | 3.40 Mi1600 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323) 241-5225 3.406,409
- 5,760 students | 6.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 6.805,760
- 8,694 students | 7.70 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310) 233-4000 7.708,694
- 2,811 students | 8.60 Mi6812 Pacific Blvd.
Huntington Park, CA 90255
(310) 482-6996 8.602,811
- 13,048 students | 8.80 Mi9000 Overland Avenue
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 287-4200 8.8013,048
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.