El Camino Community College District
El Camino Community College District places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
The teacher population of 528 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|El Camino Community College District||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||528 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, El Camino College is situated on a beautiful and spacious 126-acre campus near Torrance, California. The college enrolls more than 25,000 students each semester and boasts a curriculum of over 850 highly regarded academic and career programs taught by exceptional faculty. Today, El Camino College students enjoy a broad curriculum featuring nearly 2,500 different classes offered in some 850 different programs. With more courses available during a variety of class times, including online and telecourses, students have wide flexibility in individual scheduling. The college confers the associate degree each spring on some 1,400 students who have completed their 60 semester units and who have satisfied their major field of study obligations. Many students each year also qualify for certificates of completion, signifying course requirements have been met in major skill areas. Located centrally in the South Bay, the El Camino College District encompasses five unified and high school districts, twelve elementary school districts and nine cities, a population of almost one million. The El Camino Community College District includes the cities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne, Lennox and Inglewood. El Camino College has been proud to serve our community's educational and cultural needs through outstanding course offerings, diverse entertainment venues, and exceptional athletic and fitness opportunities.
The nearest community college to El Camino Community College District is Los Angeles Southwest College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,937 students | 3.40 Mi1600 W Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles,  CA  90047
(323) 241-5225 3.406,937
- 7,611 students | 6.80 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
(310) 900-1600 6.807,611
- 10,145 students | 7.70 Mi1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington,  CA  90744
(310) 233-4000 7.7010,145
- 2,811 students | 8.60 Mi6812 Pacific Blvd.
Huntington Park,  CA  90255
(310) 482-6996 8.602,811
- 16,000 students | 8.80 Mi9000 Overland Avenue
Culver City,  CA  90230
(310) 287-4200 8.8016,000
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!