Maine College of Health Professions
- The Central Maine Medical Center College of Nursing and Health Professions was founded in 1891 and was incorporated at Lewiston, Maine, on January 29, 1977, as a non-sectarian, private educational institution, offering to qualified men and women a curriculum at the Associate Degree level.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 36% over five years.
|Maine College of Health Professions||(ME) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||210 students||1,107 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||24:1|
|# Full-Time Students||59 students||421 students|
|# Part-Time Students||151 students||686 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||14||193|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$51,800||$33,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Central Maine Medical Center School of Nursing is a non-profit, non sectarian, single entity institution. The school awards an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing to its graduates. The School was established in 1891 as a diploma granting institution, and named the Central Maine General Hospital Training School. The first student was admitted on July 9, 1891, and on March 24, 1893 the first student was graduated. The first male student was admitted to the School in 1953. Since then, male students have been admitted to, and present in, each class. The then existing student residences became coeducational in 1976. In 2001, the School moved into its new state-of-the-art facility at 70 Middle Street, Lewiston. Central Maine Medical Center School of Nursing is accredited/approved by the Maine State Board of Nursing, National League for Nursing and New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,162 students | 2.60 Mi1250 Turner Street
Auburn,  ME  04210
- 4,664 students | 26.80 Mi46 University Dr
Augusta,  ME  04330
- 1,080 students | 27.00 Mi14 Marketplace Drive
Augusta,  ME  04330
- 5,972 students | 31.10 Mi2 Fort Road
South Portland,  ME  04106
- 2,401 students | 45.30 Mi92 Western Ave
Fairfield,  ME  04937
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.