Louisiana Technical College-Morgan Smith Campus
Tel: (337) 824-4811
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Morgan Smith Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||85%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Morgan Smith Campus is located in the city of Jennings the heart of Jeff Davis Parish. We are a vocational and technical college delivering courses and programs through on-campus instruction and the Internet. Louisiana Technical College (LTC), Morgan Smith Campus delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. This campus provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business, and industry needs within a life-long learning environment. Louisiana Technical College, Acadian Campus is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and is part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System and The Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Morgan Smith Campus is Louisiana Technical College-Acadian Campus (15.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 15.80 Mi1933 W Hutchinson Ave
Crowley,  LA  70526
(337) 788-7521 15.80259
- 2,738 students | 19.80 Mi2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice,  LA  70535
(337) 457-7311 19.802,738
- 208 students | 33.20 Mi517 Broad St
Lake Charles,  LA  70601
(337) 439-5765 33.20208
- 6,332 students | 36.30 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
(337) 521-9000 36.306,332
- n/a students | 36.50 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville,  LA  70510
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.