Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus
Tel: (337) 537-3135 Ext. 201
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||301 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||32%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Today, the campuses of the Louisiana Technical College offer approximately 75 training programs offering a diploma under 16 major occupational areas from carpentry to computer networking. Additional, the LTC provides training which leads to an Associate of Applied Technology Degree in 38 programs under thirteen major occupational areas from practical nursing to pulp and paper technology. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus is Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 38.70 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
(318) 335-3944 38.70n/a
- 134 students | 38.90 Mi1255 Fisher Rd
Many,  LA  71449
(318) 256-4101 38.90134
- 3,411 students | 50.90 Mi3820 J Bennett Johnston Ave
Lake Charles,  LA  70616
(337) 421-6565 50.903,411
- 271 students | 51.10 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
(318) 445-2778 51.10271
- n/a students | 52.30 Mi6587 Hwy 1 Bypass
Natchitoches,  LA  71458
(318) 357-3162 52.30n/a
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.