Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus
Tel: (337)537-3135 Ext. 201
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||301 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||32%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Today, the campuses of the Louisiana Technical College offer approximately 75 training programs offering a diploma under 16 major occupational areas from carpentry to computer networking. Additional, the LTC provides training which leads to an Associate of Applied Technology Degree in 38 programs under thirteen major occupational areas from practical nursing to pulp and paper technology. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus is Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 38.70 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
- 134 students | 39.00 Mi1255 Fisher Rd
Many,  LA  71449
- 271 students | 51.30 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria,  LA  71301
- n/a students | 52.40 Mi6587 Hwy 1 Bypass
Natchitoches,  LA  71458
- 2,702 students | 52.50 Mi8100 Hwy 71 South
Alexandria,  LA  71302
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.