Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus
Tel: (337) 537-3135 Ext. 201
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Rural-serving Small||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||32%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. Today, the campuses of the Louisiana Technical College offer approximately 75 training programs offering a diploma under 16 major occupational areas from carpentry to computer networking. Additional, the LTC provides training which leads to an Associate of Applied Technology Degree in 38 programs under thirteen major occupational areas from practical nursing to pulp and paper technology. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Lamar Salter Campus is Central Louisiana Technical Community College-Oakdale Campus (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 689 students | 38.70 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale, LA 71463
(318) 335-3944 38.70689
- 134 students | 38.90 Mi1255 Fisher Rd
Many, LA 71449
(318) 256-4101 38.90134
- 3,459 students | 50.90 Mi3820 Senator J. Bennett Johnston Ave
Lake Charles, LA 70615
(337) 421-6565 50.903,459
- 459 students | 51.10 Mi1505 Metro Dr Ste 1
Alexandria, LA 71301
(318) 445-2778 51.10459
- 380 students | 52.30 Mi6587 Hwy 1 Bypass
Natchitoches, LA 71458
(318) 357-3162 52.30380
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.