Laurel Technical Institute
Tel: (814) 724-0700
- The mission of Business Institute of Pennsylvania is to serve both the traditional student, who continues training shortly after graduation from high school, as well as the nontraditional student, who has been away from school for some time. In fulfilling this mission, an opportunity for all students to maintain marketable skills for employment in today's business and medical offices and to become successful both personally and professionally is provided.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Laurel Technical Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||30 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Business Institute of Pennsylvania, founded in 1926, is a dynamic learning institution serving the Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio areas. The present owners took over the operation of the school in 1977 and have been instrumental in the numerous changes that have occurred. The approval to award an Associate in Specialized Business Degree was granted this institution early in 1982 by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. It is a worthy milestone, which gives graduates of the school enhanced credibility in the academic world as well as the local business community. In 1987, Business Institute of Pennsylvania opened an extension in Crawford County to provide opportunities for the residents of Northwest Pennsylvania. In 1994, this extension became a branch campus. The Business Institute of Pennsylvania, an accredited and locally owned business school, has campuses in Sharon and Meadville, Pennsylvania. The Business Institute offers customized training for area businesses. The minimum class size and material taught are negotiable and would be dependent on the specific needs of the business. Training is available on-site at the business or at the Business Institute. The Business Institute of Pennsylvania, specializing in education for professional careers. The college offers Associate in Specialized Business Degree Programs in Health Information Technology, Medical Office Assistant, Business Administration, Computerized Office Technology, Executive Administrative Assistant, Legal and Medical. 12-Month Diploma Programs are offered in Medical Transcription and 6-Month Diploma Programs includes Business Skills for College Graduates and Receptionist. The Business Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to grant diplomas and Associate in Specialized Business Degrees to graduates who earn them.
The nearest community college to Laurel Technical Institute is University of Pittsburgh-Titusville (25.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 225 students | 25.00 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville,  PA  16354
(888) 878-0462 25.00225
- 194 students | 29.40 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie,  PA  16506
(814) 838-7673 29.40194
- 205 students | 29.90 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
(814) 868-9900 29.90205
- 182 students | 29.90 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
(814) 868-9900 29.90182
- 15 students | 32.60 Mi2000 Liberty Street
Erie,  PA  16502
(814) 453-6016 32.6015
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.