Lanier Technical College
- The purpose of Lanier Technical College (LTC) is to meet the workforce development needs of the area by providing technical and adult education to support the economic development and well-being of the people, communities, and companies of Banks, Barrow, Dawson, Forsyth, Hall, Jackson, and Lumpkin counties. LTC prepares people for successful work; therefore, the College plays a major role in their life-long education. It improves the intellectual and technical skills of area residents and prepares students and trainees for jobs by providing adult education, general academic and technical education, customized business and industrial training, economic development services, and continuing education. The primary educational purpose of the College is to provide high quality technical certificate of credit, technical diploma, and associate degree programs to meet the needs of area students, employers, and economic developers. Technical education is offered using up-to-date instruction, industry-standard equipment, and work-based learning delivered through traditional and distance methods and media. Lanier Technical College (LTC) will be recognized as the foremost resource for workforce development and job growth in our communities. LTC will create a multiple-access educational continuum for those aspiring to careers in technical professions. LTC will offer a supportive, student-friendly learning environment. LTC will be widely recognized as the foremost provider of healthcare and energy workforce training in northeast Georgia and will support Georgia’s other current and emerging strategic industries with training and services. LTC will strive to provide ever-improving collegiate quality, and to increase capacity to match student and business demands.
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|Lanier Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,695 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||945 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,750 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Lanier Technical College is Gainesville State College (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.20 Mi3820 Mundy Mill Rd
Oakwood,  GA  30566
- 7,234 students | 22.10 Mi5150 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville,  GA  30043
- 1,681 students | 26.00 Mi100 Alumni Dr
Cleveland,  GA  30528
- 325 students | 27.50 Mi4230 Hwy 29 Ste 11
Lilburn,  GA  30047
- 2,663 students | 33.70 Mi1500 Georgia Hwy 197 N
Clarkesville,  GA  30523
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.