Lanier Technical College
- The purpose of Lanier Technical College (LTC) is to meet the workforce development needs of the area by providing technical and adult education to support the economic development and well-being of the people, communities, and companies of Banks, Barrow, Dawson, Forsyth, Hall, Jackson, and Lumpkin counties. LTC prepares people for successful work; therefore, the College plays a major role in their life-long education. It improves the intellectual and technical skills of area residents and prepares students and trainees for jobs by providing adult education, general academic and technical education, customized business and industrial training, economic development services, and continuing education. The primary educational purpose of the College is to provide high quality technical certificate of credit, technical diploma, and associate degree programs to meet the needs of area students, employers, and economic developers. Technical education is offered using up-to-date instruction, industry-standard equipment, and work-based learning delivered through traditional and distance methods and media. Lanier Technical College (LTC) will be recognized as the foremost resource for workforce development and job growth in our communities. LTC will create a multiple-access educational continuum for those aspiring to careers in technical professions. LTC will offer a supportive, student-friendly learning environment. LTC will be widely recognized as the foremost provider of healthcare and energy workforce training in northeast Georgia and will support Georgia’s other current and emerging strategic industries with training and services. LTC will strive to provide ever-improving collegiate quality, and to increase capacity to match student and business demands.
Lanier Technical College serves 5,045 students (24% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is same as the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 53%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,045 students
- In-state tuition: $3,164
- Out-state tuition: $5,834
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 35%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lanier Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
The teacher population of 353 teachers has grown by 108% over five years.
Lanier Technical College
(GA) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Lanier Technical College has grown by 37% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five years.
The Lanier Technical College diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,164 is less than the state average of $3,488. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,834 is less than the state average of $7,256. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lanier Technical College cost?
Lanier Technical College's tuition is approximately $3,164 for In-State students and $5,834 for Out-State students.
What is Lanier Technical College's ranking?
Lanier Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Georgia for: Largest student body.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.