Lanier Technical College
- The purpose of Lanier Technical College (LTC) is to meet the workforce development needs of the area by providing technical and adult education to support the economic development and well-being of the people, communities, and companies of Banks, Barrow, Dawson, Forsyth, Hall, Jackson, and Lumpkin counties. LTC prepares people for successful work; therefore, the College plays a major role in their life-long education. It improves the intellectual and technical skills of area residents and prepares students and trainees for jobs by providing adult education, general academic and technical education, customized business and industrial training, economic development services, and continuing education. The primary educational purpose of the College is to provide high quality technical certificate of credit, technical diploma, and associate degree programs to meet the needs of area students, employers, and economic developers. Technical education is offered using up-to-date instruction, industry-standard equipment, and work-based learning delivered through traditional and distance methods and media. Lanier Technical College (LTC) will be recognized as the foremost resource for workforce development and job growth in our communities. LTC will create a multiple-access educational continuum for those aspiring to careers in technical professions. LTC will offer a supportive, student-friendly learning environment. LTC will be widely recognized as the foremost provider of healthcare and energy workforce training in northeast Georgia and will support Georgia’s other current and emerging strategic industries with training and services. LTC will strive to provide ever-improving collegiate quality, and to increase capacity to match student and business demands.
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lanier Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,695 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||945 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,750 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Lanier Technical College is Gainesville State College (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.20 Mi3820 Mundy Mill Rd
Oakwood,  GA  30566
- 7,234 students | 22.10 Mi5150 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville,  GA  30043
- 1,681 students | 26.00 Mi100 Alumni Dr
Cleveland,  GA  30528
- 325 students | 27.50 Mi4230 Hwy 29 Ste 11
Lilburn,  GA  30047
- 2,663 students | 33.70 Mi1500 Georgia Hwy 197 N
Clarkesville,  GA  30523
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.