Gwinnett Technical College
- In a nutshell, Gwinnett Tech's mission is to make you successful. Formally stated, the vision of Gwinnett Technical College is to be the recognized leader in providing relevant knowledge to students, businesses and their employees for life. The mission is to anticipate and exceed the educational and workforce training needs of our community.
Gwinnett Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 219 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gwinnett Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||219 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,234 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,007 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,227 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$29,600|
- Gwinnett Technical College was established in 1984 under the name Gwinnett Area Technical School. Originally intended to be an area magnet school with an emphasis on health and business education programs, local industry leaders identified the critical need for adding additional programs that would prepare students for the emerging high-tech workplace. Today, Gwinnett Technical College continues to partner with business and industry to ensure that it remains a state-of-the-art educational and training facility for Gwinnett County and the surrounding region. Students and employers alike have come to recognize that a degree from Gwinnett Tech indicates a rigorous and relevant education designed to help students excel and succeed in a dynamic marketplace Gwinnett Technical College is your workforce specialist providing relevant knowledge for career advancement and improved quality of life. Our programs focus on real-world education for real-world jobs and help you gain the knowledge you need to realize your dreams. Serving the region for over 20 years, Gwinnett Tech is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and has a long history of providing quality education for citizens and the business community.
- The nearest community college to Gwinnett Technical College is Gwinnett College-Lilburn (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 325 students | 5.40 Mi4230 Hwy 29 Ste 11
Lilburn,  GA  30047
- 1,170 students | 13.20 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
- 346 students | 14.50 Mi5303 New Peachtree Rd
Atlanta,  GA  30341
- 4,050 students | 15.50 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
- 428 students | 16.70 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328