Mt San Antonio College serves 28,393 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 88% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 28,393 students
- In-state tuition: $1,346
- Out-state tuition: $7,422
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Minority enrollment: 88%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Mt San Antonio College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 1,387 teachers has grown by 101% over five years.
Mt San Antonio College
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Mt San Antonio College has declined by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five years.
The Mt San Antonio College diversity score of 0.58 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has grown by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,346 is more than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,422 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has declined by 15% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Mt. San Antonio College is among the largest of 112 community colleges in California. Located in the city of Walnut, Mt. SAC serves 17 communities and a million residents in the bustling San Gabriel Valley. Since the College opened its doors in 1946, Mt. SAC has provided high quality and affordable educational opportunities to more than a million students of all ages from all over the world. Today, the College offers more than 200 degree and certificate programs through a semester system. Mt. SAC remains committed to academic excellence and preparing its students for success in today's diverse economic, professional and cultural sectors. Mt. SAC has become a College of Champions—a state and national leader in a number of disciplines, including communication, technology, business, science, health care, athletics, the performing and fine arts, and aviation. Many Mt. SAC alumni have distinguished themselves in both the private and public sectors. The College is home to the renowned Mt. SAC Relays, the world's largest and most prestigious track and field invitational. Situated on 400 sprawling acres, the scenic campus is undergoing a major expansion effort to keep pace with the growing need for state-of-the-art facilities and technology. These enhancements support the College's ongoing commitment to complement quality instruction with a learning environment that enhances student success. It's also another reason Mt. SAC has become one of the finest colleges in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mt San Antonio College cost?
Mt San Antonio College's tuition is approximately $1,346 for In-State students and $7,422 for Out-State students.
What is Mt San Antonio College's ranking?
Mt San Antonio College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Average community college minority breakdown, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.