Mt. San Antonio College
- The teacher population of 689 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mt. San Antonio College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||689 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||28,036 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||10,749 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17,287 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,000||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mt. San Antonio College is among the largest of 112 community colleges in California. Located in the city of Walnut, Mt. SAC serves 17 communities and a million residents in the bustling San Gabriel Valley. Since the College opened its doors in 1946, Mt. SAC has provided high quality and affordable educational opportunities to more than a million students of all ages from all over the world. Today, the College offers more than 200 degree and certificate programs through a semester system. Mt. SAC remains committed to academic excellence and preparing its students for success in today's diverse economic, professional and cultural sectors. Mt. SAC has become a College of Champions—a state and national leader in a number of disciplines, including communication, technology, business, science, health care, athletics, the performing and fine arts, and aviation. Many Mt. SAC alumni have distinguished themselves in both the private and public sectors. The College is home to the renowned Mt. SAC Relays, the world's largest and most prestigious track and field invitational. Situated on 400 sprawling acres, the scenic campus is undergoing a major expansion effort to keep pace with the growing need for state-of-the-art facilities and technology. These enhancements support the College's ongoing commitment to complement quality instruction with a learning environment that enhances student success. It's also another reason Mt. SAC has become one of the finest colleges in America.
- The nearest community college to Mt. San Antonio College is East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program & Technical Center (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 332 students | 5.60 Mi1501 W. Del Norte St.
West Covina,  CA  91790
- 12,780 students | 6.50 Mi1000 W Foothill Blvd
Glendora,  CA  91741
- 600 students | 7.90 Mi535 Watson Dr
Claremont,  CA  91711
- 889 students | 10.10 Mi12801 Crossroads Parkway South
La Puente,  CA  91746
- 16,263 students | 10.70 Mi3600 Workman Mill Rd
Whittier,  CA  90601
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.