- Dean College, a private residential college fostering academic and personal success, offers baccalaureate degrees and associate degree programs through the Schools of Art, Business, Dance and Liberal Arts. Dean provides its students with quality teaching, personalized academic support, and leadership development opportunities that promote a lifetime of learning and achievement. In a society where change is constant and dramatic, Dean College is committed to graduating students who are well-prepared for further collegiate study and demonstrate strong community and social responsibility, high standards of personal integrity, and the ability to thrive in a global environment.
The teacher population of 239 teachers has grown by 285% over five years.
|Dean College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||239 staff||285 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Dean College was founded in 1865 as an academy with a mission of preparing students to complete a baccalaureate degree. Now, over 150 years later, the college offer bachelor's and associate degrees through the Schools of the Arts, Business, Dance and Liberal Arts. Dean is a unique private college that delivers a personalized education for every student.
- Located just 45 minutes from Boston and Providence, Dean is a private residential college on 100 acres in Franklin, Massachusetts. Students enjoy a lively campus life, and with a short walk they can access downtown Franklin or the train to Boston. Ongoing cultural and theatrical events are offered on campus through Dean's renowned Dance and Theater programs. Dean College has 1200 full time students and 300 part time students.
- Students also enjoy NCAA DIII intercollegiate athletics and a full student activities program. Dean focuses on learning as a total experience -- both in and out of the classroom. Our internships, work-and-learn program, comprehensive athletic programs, community service projects, co-curricular activities and leadership opportunities all help you build the self-confidence that will be critical to your success.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 100 students | 12.40 Mi150 Kerry Place
Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 762-1211 12.40100
- 4,048 students | 17.10 Mi50 Oakland St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781) 239-3000 17.104,048
- 6,703 students | 18.40 Mi8 ABBOTT PARK PL
Providence, RI 02903
(401) 598-1000 18.406,703
- 2,060 students | 19.50 Mi1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
(617) 243-2000 19.502,060
- 6,637 students | 20.40 MiOne Massasoit Boulevard
Brockton, MA 02302
(508) 588-9100 20.406,637
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.