- Dean College, a private residential college fostering academic and personal success, offers baccalaureate degrees and associate degree programs through the Schools of Art, Business, Dance and Liberal Arts. Dean provides its students with quality teaching, personalized academic support, and leadership development opportunities that promote a lifetime of learning and achievement. In a society where change is constant and dramatic, Dean College is committed to graduating students who are well-prepared for further collegiate study and demonstrate strong community and social responsibility, high standards of personal integrity, and the ability to thrive in a global environment.
Dean College serves 1,180 students (88% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 45%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,180 students
- Private-state tuition: $40,414
- Acceptance Rate: 71%
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 51%
- Source: Verified school update
Dean College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
The teacher population of 239 teachers has grown by 198% over five years.
(MA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Dean College has declined by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 6:1 over five years.
The Dean College diversity score of 0.74 is more than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $40,414 is more than the state average of $30,266. The private state tuition has grown by 6% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Dean College was founded in 1865 as an academy with a mission of preparing students to complete a baccalaureate degree. Now, over 150 years later, the college offer bachelor's and associate degrees through the Schools of the Arts, Business, Dance and Liberal Arts. Dean is a unique private college that delivers a personalized education for every student.
- Located just 45 minutes from Boston and Providence, Dean is a private residential college on 100 acres in Franklin, Massachusetts. Students enjoy a lively campus life, and with a short walk they can access downtown Franklin or the train to Boston. Ongoing cultural and theatrical events are offered on campus through Dean's renowned Dance and Theater programs. Dean College has 1200 full time students and 300 part time students.
- Students also enjoy NCAA DIII intercollegiate athletics and a full student activities program. Dean focuses on learning as a total experience -- both in and out of the classroom. Our internships, work-and-learn program, comprehensive athletic programs, community service projects, co-curricular activities and leadership opportunities all help you build the self-confidence that will be critical to your success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Dean College cost?
Dean College's private state tuition is approximately $40,414.
What is the acceptance rate of Dean College?
The acceptance rate of Dean College is 71%, which is lower than the state average of 77%.
What sports does Dean College offer?
Dean College offers 10 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Dean College's ranking?
Dean College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Massachusetts for: Diversity in US community colleges.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.