- Dean College, a private residential college fostering academic and personal success, offers baccalaureate degrees and associate degree programs through the Schools of Art, Business, Dance and Liberal Arts. Dean provides its students with quality teaching, personalized academic support, and leadership development opportunities that promote a lifetime of learning and achievement. In a society where change is constant and dramatic, Dean College is committed to graduating students who are well-prepared for further collegiate study and demonstrate strong community and social responsibility, high standards of personal integrity, and the ability to thrive in a global environment.
The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dean College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||80 staff||113 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Dean College was founded in 1865 as an academy with a mission of preparing students to complete a baccalaureate degree. Now, over 150 years later, the college offer bachelor's and associate degrees through the Schools of the Arts, Business, Dance and Liberal Arts. Dean is a unique private college that delivers a personalized education for every student.
- Located just 45 minutes from Boston and Providence, Dean is a private residential college on 100 acres in Franklin, Massachusetts. Students enjoy a lively campus life, and with a short walk they can access downtown Franklin or the train to Boston. Ongoing cultural and theatrical events are offered on campus through Dean's renowned Dance and Theater programs. Dean College has 1200 full time students and 300 part time students.
- Students also enjoy NCAA DIII intercollegiate athletics and a full student activities program. Dean focuses on learning as a total experience -- both in and out of the classroom. Our internships, work-and-learn program, comprehensive athletic programs, community service projects, co-curricular activities and leadership opportunities all help you build the self-confidence that will be critical to your success.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 101 students | 12.40 Mi150 Kerry Place
Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 762-1211 12.40101
- 4,368 students | 17.10 Mi50 Oakland St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781) 239-3000 17.104,368
- 6,703 students | 18.40 Mi8 ABBOTT PARK PL
Providence, RI 02903
(401) 598-1000 18.406,703
- 6,995 students | 20.40 MiOne Massasoit Boulevard
Brockton, MA 02302
(508) 588-9100 20.406,995
- 845 students | 21.20 Mi303 Adams Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 296-8300 21.20845
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?