Johnson & Wales University-Denver
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for personal and professional success. Our pioneering educational model of combining academics, hands-on training, work experience tied to a field of study, leadership opportunities and career development has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society. Denver students enjoy a broad mix of social, cultural, educational and recreational programs including National Student Organizations, Greek Life, and interest specific clubs and programs as well as campus-wide events. The campus? Community Leadership Institute is a model for involved community service throughout the region.
The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Denver||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||54 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Denver is Concorde Career College-Aurora (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 778 students | 2.90 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
(303) 861-1151 2.90778
- 1,303 students | 3.30 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
(844) 768-0290 3.301,303
- 123 students | 4.30 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
(303) 300-8740 4.30123
- 251 students | 4.50 Mi1681 S Dayton St
Denver,  CO  80247
(303) 751-8700 4.50251
- 7,887 students | 5.20 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
(303) 556-2600 5.207,887
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.