Johnson & Wales University-Denver
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for personal and professional success. Our pioneering educational model of combining academics, hands-on training, work experience tied to a field of study, leadership opportunities and career development has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society. Denver students enjoy a broad mix of social, cultural, educational and recreational programs including National Student Organizations, Greek Life, and interest specific clubs and programs as well as campus-wide events. The campus? Community Leadership Institute is a model for involved community service throughout the region.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has declined by 19% over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Denver||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||48 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,391 students||1,571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,282 students||670 students|
|# Part-Time Students||109 students||901 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,255 students||617 students|
|# Graduate Students||27 students||31 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||330|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,800||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 761 students | 2.90 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
- 407 students | 4.30 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
- 489 students | 4.50 Mi1681 S Dayton St
Denver,  CO  80247
- 10,296 students | 5.20 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
- 7,617 students | 5.80 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.