Johnson & Wales University-Denver
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for personal and professional success. Our pioneering educational model of combining academics, hands-on training, work experience tied to a field of study, leadership opportunities and career development has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society. Denver students enjoy a broad mix of social, cultural, educational and recreational programs including National Student Organizations, Greek Life, and interest specific clubs and programs as well as campus-wide events. The campus? Community Leadership Institute is a model for involved community service throughout the region.
The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Denver||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||40 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Denver is Concorde Career College-Aurora (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 761 students | 2.90 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
(303) 861-1151 2.90761
- 1,263 students | 3.30 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
(303) 722-5724 3.301,263
- 251 students | 4.50 Mi1681 S Dayton St
Denver,  CO  80247
(303) 751-8700 4.50251
- 10,296 students | 5.20 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
(303) 556-2600 5.2010,296
- 7,617 students | 5.80 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
(303) 360-4700 5.807,617
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!