Johnson & Wales University-Denver (Closed 2020)
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for personal and professional success. Our pioneering educational model of combining academics, hands-on training, work experience tied to a field of study, leadership opportunities and career development has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society. Denver students enjoy a broad mix of social, cultural, educational and recreational programs including National Student Organizations, Greek Life, and interest specific clubs and programs as well as campus-wide events. The campus? Community Leadership Institute is a model for involved community service throughout the region.
The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Denver||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||54 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Denver is Concorde Career College-Aurora (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 778 students | 2.90 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 861-1151 2.90778
- 1,303 students | 3.30 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver, CO 80239
(844) 768-0290 3.301,303
- 123 students | 4.30 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver, CO 80222
(303) 300-8740 4.30123
- 251 students | 4.50 Mi1681 S Dayton St
Denver, CO 80247
(303) 751-8700 4.50251
- 7,887 students | 5.20 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 556-2600 5.207,887
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?