John Wood Community College
John Wood Community College Photo #2 - Heath Fine Arts Center. Art, music, graphic design, choral and instrumental performing groups, exhibit hall, 300 seat auditorium, private music lesson halls, piano lab, green room and classrooms.
John Wood Community College Photo #7 - Science and Technology Center - nursing, surgical technology, physics, biology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, engineering.
John Wood Community College Photo #8 - Learning Center - classrooms, library, computer labs, lounges.
The teacher population of 121 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|John Wood Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||121 staff||123 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- John Wood Community College's main campus is located in Quincy, Illinois, in the heart of the midwest. Quincy is on the banks of the Mississippi River where it swings furthest to the west. It is located approximately 170 miles north of St. Louis, MO, and 105 miles west of Springfield, IL. To enhance accessibility, the College offers instruction through a variety of styles and locations. We have traditional classes offered in regular meetings in classrooms. We also have several alternative styles: Open Learning Centers offer a self-paced style of learning; and many courses and full associate degrees are offered online. Traditional courses, open learning courses, and interactive television courses can all be taken at our centers in Quincy, Pittsfield, Mt. Sterling, and the Ag Center near Perry. Often we hold courses in high schools throughout our district. Online courses can be completed anywhere you have access to a computer and the Internet. JWCC offers a variety of programs to help you achieve your dream. You can complete the first two years of a baccalaureate degree, acquire technical skills for entry into a career, improve skills needed for promotion and advancement in your job, or complete a high school equivalency diploma. Our modern campus in Quincy, innovative teaching, outreach services throughout the John Wood district, and extracurricular activities combine to provide you with a complete and excellent college experience. JWCC is a good place to start as you strive toward your educational goal and fulfill your dreams.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 51 students | 3.70 Mi700 State St
Quincy,  IL  62301
(217) 222-0391 3.7051
- 2,987 students | 62.70 Mi1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington,  IA  52655
(319) 752-2731 62.702,987
- 5,431 students | 68.50 Mi101 College Ave
Moberly,  MO  65270
(660) 263-4110 68.505,431
- 1,667 students | 79.00 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton,  IL  61520
(309) 647-4645 79.001,667
- 2,200 students | 87.00 Mi2400 Tom L. Wilson Boulevard
Galesburg,  IL  61401
(309) 344-2518 87.002,200
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!