Gem City College
Tel: (217) 222-0391
- Quincy Beauty Academy has been in continuous operation since 1945, training students in the skills of cosmetology. It became a Division of Gem City College on January 1, 1975.
The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 75% over five years.
|Gem City College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||239 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||6|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||60%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,833||$7,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$3,500|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Your training at Quincy Beauty Academy is merely the beginning to a whole lifetime of learning. This basic training can be expanded upon to allow you to have many different careers - all in the cosmetology profession. Excellence - it's a well-known tradition at Gem City College School of Horology. Recommendations by master jewelers across the country attest to Gem City's reputation as one of the best training centers available for learning the fine art of watchmaking, clock repair, engraving and jewelry design and repair. We offer training that can give you immediate recognition as a qualified craftsman with skills that are in great demand! Each lesson in the GCC home study program is made up on text material, a self-check test and a practical job assignment. When students have completed a job assignment, they return it to the school for correction, evaluation, and comments by the instructor. Thus, the instructor can spot both strengths and areas in which more work is needed while the student progresses through the training. Instructors will suggest ways for the students to overcome difficulties and answer any questions about the work. Students receive careful, personal attention from their instructor. The instructors engaged in the GCC Home Study Program are experts in their fields. The classroom teaching experience makes them well acquainted with the types of problems commonly encountered by beginning students. Also they have had experience working in their own jewelry and watch repair businesses, so they know the practical problems which face professional jewelers. Specially constructed carousel stations provided attractive working space for the advanced students. Those in the beginning stages of study have access to the facilities. Instruction is implemented by audio-visual aids, and new techniques allow an up-to-date curriculum.
The nearest community college to Gem City College is Blessing Rieman College of Nursing and Health Sciences (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 182 students | 2.90 Mi3609 North Marx Drive
Quincy, IL 62305
(217) 224-0600 2.90182
- 1,934 students | 3.70 Mi1301 S 48th Street
Quincy, IL 62305
(217) 224-6500 3.701,934
- 2,478 students | 62.40 Mi1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington, IA 52655
(319) 752-2731 62.402,478
- 4,849 students | 65.90 Mi101 College Ave
Moberly, MO 65270
(660) 263-4100 65.904,849
- 1,386 students | 81.60 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton, IL 61520
(309) 647-4645 81.601,386
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.