Gem City College
Tel: (217) 222-0391
- Quincy Beauty Academy has been in continuous operation since 1945, training students in the skills of cosmetology. It became a Division of Gem City College on January 1, 1975.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gem City College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||123 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||7|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,666||$7,736|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$3,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Your training at Quincy Beauty Academy is merely the beginning to a whole lifetime of learning. This basic training can be expanded upon to allow you to have many different careers - all in the cosmetology profession. Excellence - it's a well-known tradition at Gem City College School of Horology. Recommendations by master jewelers across the country attest to Gem City's reputation as one of the best training centers available for learning the fine art of watchmaking, clock repair, engraving and jewelry design and repair. We offer training that can give you immediate recognition as a qualified craftsman with skills that are in great demand! Each lesson in the GCC home study program is made up on text material, a self-check test and a practical job assignment. When students have completed a job assignment, they return it to the school for correction, evaluation, and comments by the instructor. Thus, the instructor can spot both strengths and areas in which more work is needed while the student progresses through the training. Instructors will suggest ways for the students to overcome difficulties and answer any questions about the work. Students receive careful, personal attention from their instructor. The instructors engaged in the GCC Home Study Program are experts in their fields. The classroom teaching experience makes them well acquainted with the types of problems commonly encountered by beginning students. Also they have had experience working in their own jewelry and watch repair businesses, so they know the practical problems which face professional jewelers. Specially constructed carousel stations provided attractive working space for the advanced students. Those in the beginning stages of study have access to the facilities. Instruction is implemented by audio-visual aids, and new techniques allow an up-to-date curriculum.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,923 students | 3.70 Mi1301 S 48th Street
Quincy,  IL  62305
(217) 224-6500 3.701,923
- 2,987 students | 62.40 Mi1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington,  IA  52655
(319) 752-2731 62.402,987
- 5,431 students | 65.90 Mi101 College Ave
Moberly,  MO  65270
(660) 263-4110 65.905,431
- 1,667 students | 81.60 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton,  IL  61520
(309) 647-4645 81.601,667
- 2,200 students | 88.40 Mi2400 Tom L. Wilson Boulevard
Galesburg,  IL  61401
(309) 344-2518 88.402,200
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.