- Jefferson Community College is one of 64 campuses--and one of 30 community colleges--which comprise the State University of New York (SUNY) system; it is the only institution of higher education whose campus is within a 50 mile radius of the city of Watertown, NY.
- Enrollment: 2,658 students
- In-state tuition: $4,752
- Out-state tuition: $9,504
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 21%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Looking for a great club to join…….We got it! We have 30+ clubs and organizations to join.
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The College offers 17 A.A.S. career curricula, 15 transfer A.A. or A.S. curricula and 9 certificate programs. Along with its credit bearing programs, the College offers a variety of workshops, seminars and workforce training opportunities. Cultural events, open to the public, routinely include film and theatrical events, lectures, seminars, and art exhibitions. Personal, academic, and vocational counseling are provided to both students and the community. The College is supervised by the State University of New York and sponsored by Jefferson County. Its service area is largely rural, with agriculture and tourism the dominant industries. The College campus, located near Interstate Highway 81 on the western boundary of the City of Watertown, consists of eight permanent buildings, athletic fields and ample parking for its commuter student body. Technology plays an important role in supporting the educational process at the College. There are 5 instructional computer classrooms and one open computer resource center which are all connected to a campus-wide network. Faculty and staff have access to the same campus-wide network from their offices for application and information sharing as well as electronic mail and Internet access. In addition to its Middle States accreditation, the College is fully accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and is a member of the Sevicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) and the Servicemembers Opportunity College Associate Degree Network (SOCAD). Jefferson is a founding member of the higher educational consortium, SUNY Colleges in the North Country.