Jefferson Community College
- Jefferson Community College is one of 64 campuses--and one of 30 community colleges--which comprise the State University of New York (SUNY) system; it is the only institution of higher education whose campus is within a 50 mile radius of the city of Watertown, NY.
- The teacher population of 135 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jefferson Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||135 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,602 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,982 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,620 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,400||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Looking for a great club to join…….We got it! We have 30+ clubs and organizations to join.
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The College offers 17 A.A.S. career curricula, 15 transfer A.A. or A.S. curricula and 9 certificate programs. Along with its credit bearing programs, the College offers a variety of workshops, seminars and workforce training opportunities. Cultural events, open to the public, routinely include film and theatrical events, lectures, seminars, and art exhibitions. Personal, academic, and vocational counseling are provided to both students and the community. The College is supervised by the State University of New York and sponsored by Jefferson County. Its service area is largely rural, with agriculture and tourism the dominant industries. The College campus, located near Interstate Highway 81 on the western boundary of the City of Watertown, consists of eight permanent buildings, athletic fields and ample parking for its commuter student body. Technology plays an important role in supporting the educational process at the College. There are 5 instructional computer classrooms and one open computer resource center which are all connected to a campus-wide network. Faculty and staff have access to the same campus-wide network from their offices for application and information sharing as well as electronic mail and Internet access. In addition to its Middle States accreditation, the College is fully accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and is a member of the Sevicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) and the Servicemembers Opportunity College Associate Degree Network (SOCAD). Jefferson is a founding member of the higher educational consortium, SUNY Colleges in the North Country.
- The nearest community college to Jefferson Community College is SUNY College of Technology at Canton (56.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,278 students | 56.30 Mi34 Cornell Drive
Canton,  NY  13617
- 472 students | 57.40 Mi8687 Carling Rd
Liverpool,  NY  13090
- 516 students | 65.20 Mi953 James St
Syracuse,  NY  13203
- 317 students | 65.50 Mi206 Prospect Ave
Syracuse,  NY  13203
- 345 students | 66.50 Mi765 Irving Ave
Syracuse,  NY  13210