Wright State University-Lake Campus
- As part of Wright State University, the Lake Campus will be the focal point for the educational and cultural advancement of the residents of West Central Ohio, providing opportunities for advanced scholarship and continuing education, for economic and technological development, and for community service.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wright State University-Lake Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||38 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,147 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||783 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||364 students||284 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||761 students||471 students|
|# Graduate Students||22 students||8 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||64||180|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.06||0.44|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,700||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Named after the world-famous Wright brothers, Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, continues their spirit of innovation. The university serves nearly 17,000 students, offering more than 100 undergraduate and 50 Ph.D., graduate, and professional degrees. Western Ohio Educational Foundation officially opened its doors in the fall of 1962. With enrollment at 285 students, more than twice the number anticipated, the newly established foundation had begun the process whereby the communities' citizens could have immediate access to a college degree. The acquisition of a 173-acre site for the new campus on the northern shores of Grand Lake St. Marys. The first building on campus was Dwyer Hall, named in recognition of Minnie Dwyer's generous support and contains laboratories, classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, an auditorium, and student service facilities. Ground was broken in 1979 to expand the facilities for inclusion of additional two-year technical programs. The Lake Campus provides a variety of general education courses and certificate programs, as well as associate, bachelor's and master's degrees. A variety of preprofessional and certificate programs are also offered, as is participation in the Ohio Transfer Module. Wright State University is accredited at the doctoral degree-granting level by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,111 students | 21.70 Mi1441 N Cable Rd
Lima,  OH  45805
- 3,657 students | 26.20 Mi4240 Campus Dr
Lima,  OH  45804
- 1,056 students | 26.20 Mi4240 Campus Dr
Lima,  OH  45804
- 2,212 students | 30.10 Mi1973 Edison Dr
Piqua,  OH  45356
- 206 students | 38.10 Mi865 W Market St
Troy,  OH  45373
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.