- As part of Wright State University, the Lake Campus will be the focal point for the educational and cultural advancement of the residents of West Central Ohio, providing opportunities for advanced scholarship and continuing education, for economic and technological development, and for community service.
Wright State University-Lake Campus serves 1,749 students (48% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,749 students
- In-state tuition: $5,842
- Out-state tuition: $14,022
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 3%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 96 teachers has grown by 152% over five years.
Wright State University-Lake Campus
(OH) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Wright State University-Lake Campus has grown by 68% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five years.
The Wright State University-Lake Campus diversity score of 0.06 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has declined by 61% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,842 is more than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $14,022 is more than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Named after the world-famous Wright brothers, Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, continues their spirit of innovation. The university serves nearly 17,000 students, offering more than 100 undergraduate and 50 Ph.D., graduate, and professional degrees. Western Ohio Educational Foundation officially opened its doors in the fall of 1962. With enrollment at 285 students, more than twice the number anticipated, the newly established foundation had begun the process whereby the communities' citizens could have immediate access to a college degree. The acquisition of a 173-acre site for the new campus on the northern shores of Grand Lake St. Marys. The first building on campus was Dwyer Hall, named in recognition of Minnie Dwyer's generous support and contains laboratories, classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, an auditorium, and student service facilities. Ground was broken in 1979 to expand the facilities for inclusion of additional two-year technical programs. The Lake Campus provides a variety of general education courses and certificate programs, as well as associate, bachelor's and master's degrees. A variety of preprofessional and certificate programs are also offered, as is participation in the Ohio Transfer Module. Wright State University is accredited at the doctoral degree-granting level by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wright State University-Lake Campus cost?
Wright State University-Lake Campus's tuition is approximately $5,842 for In-State students and $14,022 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Wright State University-Lake Campus?
The acceptance rate of Wright State University-Lake Campus is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 73%.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.