- Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system serving nearly 200,000 students annually. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana. It serves as the state's engine of workforce development, offering affordable degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its community along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- Enrollment: 10,932 students
- In-state tuition: $3,257
- Out-state tuition: $6,761
- Student:teacher ratio: 40:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Ivy Tech Community College’s Northeast region is located in Fort Wayne and serves nine counties in the northeast corner of the state. It is the second largest region in the Ivy Tech system. Ivy Tech–Northeast has grown from 131 students enrolled in three programs in August 1969, when the College opened its doors in rented facilities in a former high school, to more than 11,000 students enrolled in seven schools and 32 degree programs in 2010. A 40,000 square-foot building with classroom, laboratory, workshop, and office space was completed in October 1976. This was the region’s first college-owned building on college-owned land. An adjoining structure of the same size was completed in the spring of 1981. The Fort Wayne campus nearly doubled in size with the construction of a third building—a 110,000 square-foot structure that was completed in December 1996. The third phase of the building, with its adjacent parking, totally filled the original 26-acre campus. All campus development for the foreseeable future is taking place on what is being called the North Campus. (Details of the development of the North Campus can be found elsewhere in this publication.) The North Campus is approximately one mile away and is separated form the original campus by Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne.