Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable.
- The teacher population of 145 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||145 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,368 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,045 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,323 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,300||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Each year, Ivy Tech partners with four-year colleges and universities to add new transfer opportunities for our students. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. The Office of Corporate & Continuing Education Services is a service arm of Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana. As business and industry training specialists, we make the assets of the college available to the business community the way they want them and need them. We service industry, small business, government and non-profit agencies, providing experienced staff in various disciplines to analyze training needs, assess employees' skills levels, and recommend and implement the optimal training program to meet your needs. Because each client's situation is unique, each CCES training program is unique.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus is MedTech College-Greenwood Campus (26.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 531 students | 26.90 Mi1500 American Way
Greenwood,  IN  46143
- 501 students | 34.90 Mi8150 Brookville Road
Indianapolis,  IN  46239
- 5,808 students | 37.70 Mi200 Daniels Way
Bloomington,  IN  47404
- 3,498 students | 37.80 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 995 students | 39.00 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.