- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable.
Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus serves 4,368 students (47% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the state community college average of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 58%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,368 students
- In-state tuition: $3,257
- Out-state tuition: $6,761
- Student:teacher ratio: 30:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 145 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus
(IN) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Rural-serving Medium
Less than 2 yrs
Less than 2 years (below associate)
The student population of Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 30:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,257 is less than the state average of $3,797. The in-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,761 is less than the state average of $8,083. The out-state tuition has grown by 19% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Each year, Ivy Tech partners with four-year colleges and universities to add new transfer opportunities for our students. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. The Office of Corporate & Continuing Education Services is a service arm of Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana. As business and industry training specialists, we make the assets of the college available to the business community the way they want them and need them. We service industry, small business, government and non-profit agencies, providing experienced staff in various disciplines to analyze training needs, assess employees' skills levels, and recommend and implement the optimal training program to meet your needs. Because each client's situation is unique, each CCES training program is unique.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus cost?
Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus's tuition is approximately $3,257 for In-State students and $6,761 for Out-State students.
What is Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus's ranking?
Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus ranks among the top 20% of community college in Indiana for: Least expensive tuition, Average community college minority breakdown and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.