ITT Technical Institute-Omaha (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 20% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Omaha||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||18 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Omaha, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute, Earth City, Missouri was founded in 1936 offering Diesel Mechanics. It was incorporated in Missouri in December 1956 under the name Bailey Technical School, Inc. In April 1968 the school became part of the network of schools owned by ITT Educational Services, Inc. In January 1986 the name of the school was changed to ITT Technical Institute. In January 1991 the school moved to its present location. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Electronics Engineering Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Software Engineering Technology. Branches are located in Omaha, Nebraska and Memphis, Tennessee. ITT Technical Institute, Omaha, Nebraska opened in April 1991 offering an associate of applied science degree program of study in Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology and bachelor of applied science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology and Information Systems Security. ITT Technical Institute occupies approximately 22,000 square feet of space in the Execwest Business Park on Omaha's growing southwest side with easy access from either Interstate 80 or 680. Within the facility are classrooms, laboratories, student break areas and administrative offices. Special facilities for disabled persons include an access ramp to outside doors, restrooms, pay telephones and parking spaces. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of applied science and bachelor of applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Omaha is The Creative Center (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 39 students | 1.50 Mi10850 Emmet Street
Omaha,  NE  68164
(402) 898-1000 1.5039
- 332 students | 2.70 Mi5425 North 103rd Street
Omaha,  NE  68134
(402) 431-6100 2.70332
- 15 students | 3.10 Mi6901 North 72nd St
Omaha,  NE  68122
(402) 572-3654 3.1015
- 14,913 students | 6.00 Mi30 & Fort Street
Omaha,  NE  68111
(531) 622-2400 6.0014,913
- 35 students | 7.60 Mi8702 North 30th Street
Omaha,  NE  68112
(402) 556-4456 7.6035
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.