ITT Technical Institute-Harrisburg (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Harrisburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||175 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||129 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||46 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$34,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Mechanicsburg, is one of a network of co-educational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana opened in 1956. ITT Corporation acquired the Sams Company and the school in 1966. This schoolnwas one of the three original schools of ITT Educational Services, Inc. The school now offers associate degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology, bachelor degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Administration-Project Management, Business Accounting Technology, Criminal Justice, Criminal Justice-Cyber Security, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management, and a master's degree program of study in Business Administration. Branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Austin, Texas, Houston, Texas (Blue Ash and Gessner), Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and Mount Prospect, Illinois. ITT Technical Institute, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania opened in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania in November 1994 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate in specialized technology degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Information Technology-Computer Network Systems, Information Technology-Multimedia, Information Technology-Software Applications and Programming and Information Technology-Web Development. ITT Technical Institute is located off the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Rossmoyne Business Center. The one-story masonry and glass building provides 21,000 square feet of space which has been specifically designed to provide spacious classrooms and laboratories and ease of access for students to the various student service offices. Parking is conveniently located in front and behind the building. Designated parking spaces and accessible facilities are provided for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in specialized technology degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Harrisburg is Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 217 students | 1.50 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 20,230 students | 4.70 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg,  PA  17110
- 1,370 students | 7.40 Mi600 Valley Road P.O. Box 309
Summerdale,  PA  17093
- 1,677 students | 19.70 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,269 students | 21.50 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.