ITT Technical Institute-Harrisburg (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Harrisburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Mechanicsburg, is one of a network of co-educational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana opened in 1956. ITT Corporation acquired the Sams Company and the school in 1966. This schoolnwas one of the three original schools of ITT Educational Services, Inc. The school now offers associate degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology, bachelor degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Administration-Project Management, Business Accounting Technology, Criminal Justice, Criminal Justice-Cyber Security, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management, and a master's degree program of study in Business Administration. Branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Austin, Texas, Houston, Texas (Blue Ash and Gessner), Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and Mount Prospect, Illinois. ITT Technical Institute, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania opened in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania in November 1994 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate in specialized technology degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Information Technology-Computer Network Systems, Information Technology-Multimedia, Information Technology-Software Applications and Programming and Information Technology-Web Development. ITT Technical Institute is located off the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Rossmoyne Business Center. The one-story masonry and glass building provides 21,000 square feet of space which has been specifically designed to provide spacious classrooms and laboratories and ease of access for students to the various student service offices. Parking is conveniently located in front and behind the building. Designated parking spaces and accessible facilities are provided for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in specialized technology degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Harrisburg is Harrisburg Area Community College (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 18,081 students | 4.60 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717) 780-2300 4.6018,081
- 1,054 students | 7.30 Mi600 Valley Road P.O. Box 309
Summerdale, PA 17093
(800) 759-2727 7.301,054
- 1,327 students | 19.70 Mi1405 Williams Road
York, PA 17402
(717) 757-1100 19.701,327
- 948 students | 21.50 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York, PA 17403
(717) 771-4000 21.50948
- 1,269 students | 21.60 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon, PA 17042
(717) 270-4222 21.601,269
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.