Blue Ridge Community College
The teacher population of 131 teachers has declined by 9% over five years.
|Blue Ridge Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||131 staff||144 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Blue Ridge Community College is one of 58 institutions that operate under the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges. The creation of BRCC dates back to 1963, when the North Carolina General Assembly authorized a system of comprehensive community colleges and technical institutes in areas of the state that had a need for institutions of higher learning. A few years later, the residents of Henderson County approved a bond issue and a special tax levy to provide funds for the construction, operation, and maintenance of a school facility to serve the community. Henderson County Technical Institute opened its doors in December 1969 and the first course was offered on January 8, 1970. The first full-time curriculum classes began the following semester on September 14, 1970. Shortly after, in October of 1970, the Board of Trustees changed the name from Henderson County Technical Institute to Blue Ridge Technical Institute. Then nine years later they renamed the school Blue Ridge Technical College. The Board of Trustees approved the current name, Blue Ridge Community College 1987. Blue Ridge Community College Henderson County Campus is located on 128 acres on College Drive, between Airport Road and South Allen Road in Flat Rock, North Carolina. The 13-building complex provides over 358,000 square feet of floor space. In addition to offices, classrooms, laboratory space and student center areas, facilities also include a distance learning center, a 66,000-square foot Applied Technology Building, a comprehensive library, an Environmental and Safety Training Center, teaching and performance auditoriums, and a state-of-the-art Technology and Education Development Center that includes virtual training, television and audio recording studios, and a 1,000- seat conference hall. The Transylvania County Campus is located on nine acres on the corner of Oak Park Drive and Osborne Road in Brevard, North Carolina. The two-building complex houses instructional and office space, an Applied Technology Building completed in 2008, and the Blue Ridge Innovation Network, a 3,500 square-foot facility for small business incubation. Situated near the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina at an altitude of 2,140 feet, the College is easily accessible via Interstate 26, Highways 64, 25, 191, and 176. Commercial air service is provided by several major airlines which serve the Asheville Regional Airport located twelve miles north of Hendersonville. The location between the metropolitan areas of Asheville, North Carolina, and Greenville, South Carolina, place the College near the center of a rapid growth area in southwestern North Carolina. This location is also near several vacation/recreation destinations which include Flat Rock, the Pisgah National Forest, Brevard, Bat Cave, Chimney Rock, Biltmore House, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Blue Ridge Community College is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.), the Associate in Science Degree (A.S.), the Associate in Fine Arts Degree (A.F.A.), the Associate in General Education (A.G.E.), and the Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.Sc.). Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Blue Ridge Community College.
The nearest community college to Blue Ridge Community College is South College - Asheville Campus (17.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 303 students | 17.80 Mi140 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803
(828) 398-2500 17.80303
- 6,892 students | 19.70 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville, NC 28801
(828) 254-1921 19.706,892
- 702 students | 20.70 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 884-8332 20.70702
- 1,941 students | 28.90 Mi286 ICC Loop Road
Spindale, NC 28160
(828) 286-3636 28.901,941
- 708 students | 31.70 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville, SC 29601
(864) 239-5300 31.70708
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.