New York College of Health Professions
New York College of Health Professions Photo #4 - Massage student interning in the New York College Academic Health Care Teaching Clinic.
- The teacher population of 85 teachers has grown by 203% over five years.
|New York College of Health Professions||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||85 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||851 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||480 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||371 students||538 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||592 students||1,104 students|
|# Graduate Students||259 students||95 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- New York College is a private not-for-profit college and has been a leader in Holistic Health Education and Care for over 35 years. It was the first to have a college degree program in Massage Therapy approved by New York State. The College offers a 2-year, 72 credit, Associate degree in Massage Therapy and a Bachelors degree in Advanced Asian Bodywork. New York College of Health Professions is institutionally accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education, a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- The Acupuncture program and Oriental Medicine Bachelors/Masters degree level programs were also the first approved by New York State and are accredited by ACAOM.
- The College campus is located in Syosset, Long Island, NY, with 4 additional locations in New York City. It also owns a 35-acre medical facility in Luo Yang, China. New York College operates one of the largest holistic clinics in the Northeast on the Syosset campus as well as Manhattan clinics where student interns offer massage therapy, acupuncture and herbal treatments to the public at affordable cost.
- New York College has flexible day, evening and weekend schedules, full-time and part-time programs and offers Financial Aid and scholarships, if qualified.
- The nearest community college to New York College of Health Professions is Farmingdale State College (5.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,394 students | 5.80 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 240 students | 5.80 Mi320 S. Service Road
Melville,  NY  11747
- 22,374 students | 6.40 MiOne Education Dr
Garden City,  NY  11530
- 687 students | 7.90 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 103 students | 10.50 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.