Highland Community College
Tel: (815) 235-6121
- Highland Community college is committed to shaping the future of our communities by providing quality education and learning opportunities through programs and services that encourage the personal and professional growth of the people of northwestern Illinois.
The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Highland Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||124 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Highland Community College offers more than 60 programs of applied and transfer degrees, community education and business training. In addition to comprehensive academic programming, Highland provides theatre, art and music opportunities for the community. Highland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association’s Academic Quality Improvement Program. Located in Freeport and Elizabeth, Highland is conveniently positioned in the tri-state region with access to several major metropolitan areas. For more information about Highland Community College, call 815.235.6121 or visit www.highland.edu.
The nearest community college to Highland Community College is Sauk Valley Community College (29.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,628 students | 29.50 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon, IL 61021
(815) 288-5511 29.501,628
- 408 students | 32.80 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford, IL 61108
(815) 965-8616 32.80408
- 1,729 students | 34.30 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford, IL 61108
(815) 316-4800 34.301,729
- 6,244 students | 34.60 Mi3301 N Mulford Rd
Rockford, IL 61114
(815) 921-7821 34.606,244
- 105 students | 36.80 Mi701 Portland Ave
Morrison, IL 61270
(815) 772-7218 36.80105
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.