Morrison Institute of Technology
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (815) 772-7218
- Morrison Institute of Technology is a two-year technology school located in Morrison, Illinois. Our programs include Engineering Technology and Network Administration. Both degrees have a placement rate of over 90% and graduates find careers making over $40,000 a year within the first 6 months.
Morrison Institute of Technology ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 37% over five years.
|Morrison Institute of Technology||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||239 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Ambassadors, Student Government
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Morrison Tech is a small college that offers an Associates of Applied Science in Engineering Technology and Network Administration. Choose our engineering technology program and be prepared to design buildings, cars, bridges, rockets, and much more! Choose our networking administration program and you may find yourself in cybersecurity, designing apps for your phone, or simply maintaining the computer network for a large organization.
- With small classes, Morrison Tech students get the personal attention you won`t find anywhere else. Our instructors know their students by name and are available when they need help. Morrison Tech incorporates a "hands on" approach to learning. No reading Shakespeare or writing poetry here just the classes you need to be successful in the work world. Morrison Tech students enjoy living in a close knit community.
- Student lives in apartment style dorms, our students have a home away from home. Having a 97% job placement rate is something the college takes great pride in. Employers call the college seeking Morrison Tech grads, they know what quality they will receive from our graduate. An average starting salary of $48,000 proves to be a strong return on investment. A Morrison Tech grad has the best of both worlds. They may head into the workforce immediately after graduation or they may choose to continue their education by transferring to one of the many colleges Morrison Tech has articulation agreements with.
- If you'd like to know more please request more information or check our website, youtube, Instagram, or Facebook!
The nearest community college to Morrison Institute of Technology is Sauk Valley Community College (29.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,616 students | 29.20 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon, IL 61021
(815) 288-5511 29.201,616
- 4,472 students | 33.30 Mi6600-34th Avenue
Moline, IL 61265
(309) 796-5000 33.304,472
- 54 students | 33.70 Mi2119 Kimberly Rd.
Bettendorf, IA 52722
(563) 344-1500 33.7054
- 30,512 students | 34.40 Mi1801 East Kimberly Road, Suite 1
Davenport, IA 52807
(866) 527-5268 34.4030,512
- 7,771 students | 36.60 Mi101 W Third Street
Davenport, IA 52801
(563) 336-3300 36.607,771
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.