Morrison Institute of Technology
- Engineering Technology and Network Administration College Located in Morrison Illinois. www.morrisontech.edu
Morrison Institute of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Morrison Institute of Technology||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||105 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||105 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,613 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||136||240|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$44,300||$31,800|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
MakerClub, SME, Student Ambassadors, Student Government
- Morrison Institute of Technology is an independent, not-for-profit, two year college that specializes in engineering technology. The college is licensed by the Illinois Board of Higher Education to grant the Associate in Applied Science degree. All classes, except those offered as professional level courses, are day classes and are on campus. Regular courses are offered on a semester basis, with semesters beginning in August and January of each year. On campus dormitory apartments housing is available. Morrison Institute of Technology is aco-educational, not-for-profit institution of higher learning. The college was founded in 1973 by acquiring the assets of the Institute of Drafting and Technology located in Morrison, Illinois. The college was originally a for-profit corporation. In 1977, the corporation sought not-for-profit corporation status and is presently governed by a local board of directors. Morrison is a small college. Our total enrollment is about 200 full time students. However, because we are small, our staff and faculty know the students on a first name basis. Our student to faculty ratio is about 15 to 1, which means that an individual student receives personal attention. Our faculty are all experienced in the areas they teach. Many are sought out by businesses to provide consultative services. Our students learn what the profession is all about from working professionals. The Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), Baltimore, MA.
- The nearest community college to Morrison Institute of Technology is Sauk Valley Community College (29.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,211 students | 29.20 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon,  IL  61021
- 6,307 students | 33.30 Mi6600-34th Avenue
Moline,  IL  61265
- 369 students | 33.70 Mi2119 Kimberly Rd.
Bettendorf,  IA  52722
- 52,018 students | 34.40 Mi1801 East Kimberly Road
Davenport,  IA  52807
- 8,143 students | 36.60 Mi101 W. Third St.
Davenport,  IA  52801