Morrison Institute of Technology
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (815) 772-7218
- Morrison Institute of Technology is a two-year technology school located in Morrison, Illinois. Our programs include Engineering Technology and Network Administration. Both degrees have a placement rate of over 90% and graduates find careers making over $40,000 a year within the first 6 months.
- We Believe! - 01/15/2021 - A freshman rite of passage at Morrison Tech; believe or not to believe?
- Made at Morrison Tech - 01/15/2021 - Made at Morrison Tech Marketplace is opened!
- Morrison Tech - Nationally Ranked! - 01/15/2021 - Morrison Tech ranked nationally #16 for your return on investment (ROI)
Morrison Institute of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Morrison Institute of Technology||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||124 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Ambassadors, Student Government
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Morrison Tech is a small college that offers an Associates of Applied Science in Engineering Technology and Network Administration. Choose our engineering technology program and be prepared to design buildings, cars, bridges, rockets, and much more! Choose our networking administration program and you may find yourself in cybersecurity, designing apps for your phone, or simply maintaining the computer network for a large organization.
- With small classes, Morrison Tech students get the personal attention you won`t find anywhere else. Our instructors know their students by name and are available when they need help. Morrison Tech incorporates a "hands on" approach to learning. No reading Shakespeare or writing poetry here just the classes you need to be successful in the work world. Morrison Tech students enjoy living in a close knit community.
- Student lives in apartment style dorms, our students have a home away from home. Having a 97% job placement rate is something the college takes great pride in. Employers call the college seeking Morrison Tech grads, they know what quality they will receive from our graduate. An average starting salary of $48,000 proves to be a strong return on investment. A Morrison Tech grad has the best of both worlds. They may head into the workforce immediately after graduation or they may choose to continue their education by transferring to one of the many colleges Morrison Tech has articulation agreements with.
- If you'd like to know more please request more information or check our website, youtube, Instagram, or Facebook!
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Morrison Institute of Technology is Sauk Valley Community College (29.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,628 students | 29.20 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon,  IL  61021
(815) 288-5511 29.201,628
- 4,333 students | 33.30 Mi6600-34th Avenue
Moline,  IL  61265
(309) 796-5000 33.304,333
- 76 students | 33.70 Mi2119 Kimberly Rd.
Bettendorf,  IA  52722
(563) 344-1500 33.7076
- 7,771 students | 36.60 Mi101 W Third Street
Davenport,  IA  52801
(563) 336-3300 36.607,771
- 1,596 students | 36.80 Mi2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport,  IL  61032
(815) 235-6121 36.801,596
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.