Herzing University Atlanta
- It is the mission of Herzing University to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate degrees and diploma programs to prepare a diverse and geographically distributed student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, healthcare (including social work), design, and public safety. Career-oriented degree programs include a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement. Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Herzing University Atlanta places among the top 20% of community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 73% over five years.
|Herzing University Atlanta||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||686 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||569 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||117 students||1,473 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||593 students||1,116 students|
|# Graduate Students||62 students||62 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The first Herzing College was founded as a computer programming school in 1965 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, by Henry and Suzanne Herzing. Since 1965, Herzing College has grown from a modest classroom to a progressive leader in career education with six campuses in the U.S., and other affiliated colleges, five of which are in Canada. All U.S. campus locations award bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees in such areas as network technology, electronics, programming and business administration. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from not only diplomas, but also bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all its U.S. campuses. Herzing College in Atlanta has provided training for demanding careers since 1965. Offering both Associate and Bachelor degree programs, Herzing College prepares graduates for computer and business-oriented careers in Atlanta's fastest growing jobs. Our state-of-the-art facility is located in the heart of Buckhead and offers both day and evening classes. Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400 .
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 398 students | 0.80 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
- 4,282 students | 3.10 Mi1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 2,977 students | 3.30 Mi1630 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 208 students | 4.00 Mi1900 Emery St, NW, Suite 200
Atlanta,  GA  30318
- 21,371 students | 7.80 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.