Herzing University Atlanta
- It is the mission of Herzing University to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate degrees and diploma programs to prepare a diverse and geographically distributed student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, healthcare (including social work), design, and public safety. Career-oriented degree programs include a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students’ intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Herzing University Atlanta places among the top 20% of community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 62% over five years.
|Herzing University Atlanta||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||341 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||286 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||117 students||1,473 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||62 students||1,116 students|
|# Graduate Students||62 students||62 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The first Herzing College was founded as a computer programming school in 1965 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, by Henry and Suzanne Herzing. Since 1965, Herzing College has grown from a modest classroom to a progressive leader in career education with six campuses in the U.S., and other affiliated colleges, five of which are in Canada. All U.S. campus locations award bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees in such areas as network technology, electronics, programming and business administration. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, health care, design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from not only diplomas, but also bachelors of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all its U.S. campuses. Herzing College in Atlanta has provided training for demanding careers since 1965. Offering both Associate and Bachelor degree programs, Herzing College prepares graduates for computer and business-oriented careers in Atlanta's fastest growing jobs. Our state-of-the-art facility is located in the heart of Buckhead and offers both day and evening classes. Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Atlanta is Brown Mackie College-Atlanta (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 919 students | 2.20 Mi4370 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta,  GA  30319
- 208 students | 4.20 Mi1900 Emery St, NW, Suite 200
Atlanta,  GA  30318
- 346 students | 4.40 Mi5303 New Peachtree Rd
Atlanta,  GA  30341
- 428 students | 5.00 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328
- 398 students | 5.90 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.