Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Atlanta Metropolitan College, a two-year non-residential unit of the University System of Georgia, is committed to high standards of excellence while providing affordable, accessible, and relevant educational programs to a diverse student population. The College aims to provide excellence in teaching and ongoing academic support so that all of its students, faculty, and staff can enjoy opportunities for growth and success.
- The teacher population of 98 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Atlanta Metropolitan State College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||98 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,977 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,504 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,473 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$29,600|
- The programs of study offered by Atlanta Metropolitan College are of 2 major types: college transfer programs, and career programs. Transfer programs are designed for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges or universities upon the completion of two years of course work at the college. Transfer programs of study provide the freshman and sophomore years of academic coursework required for a bachelor's degree. Transfer programs lead to the Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees. Career programs are designed for students who wish to complete a college program which will prepare them to enter employment at a level of competence requiring more than high school education, but less than a four-year college or university degree. Students who complete a career program receive the Associate of Applied Science degree. Students in certificate programs earn certificates. Students receive intensive tutorial support and have access to technology labs. The technology labs are equipped with software for electronic tutorials, Internet resources, word processing, multimedia software and support software relevant to each academic discipline. Atlanta Metropolitan College boasts one of the top athletic programs at the two-year collegiate level. We offer outstanding men's and women's basketball programs, as well as a spirited and highly recognized cheerleading squad.AMC now proudly offers courses for the Business Administration and Teacher Education programs at its new Instructional Site located at 34 Peachtree Street. The GAME/Center for Entrepreneurship aims to provide minorities who wish to start small businesses with the skills, training, services, resources, and referrals you need to successfully start and operate thriving business enterprises. We want to help you identify and intensify opportunities for your own business. Atlanta Metropolitan College offers fully accredited online courses and programs. Online courses are taught by the same professors who teach face-to-face to ensure that online courses have the same quality and student learning outcomes as those for on-campus courses.
- The nearest community college to Atlanta Metropolitan State College is Atlanta Technical College (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,282 students | 0.10 Mi1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta,  GA  30310
- 398 students | 4.00 Mi384 Northyards Blvd., Suite 190
Atlanta,  GA  30313
- 208 students | 6.80 Mi1900 Emery St, NW, Suite 200
Atlanta,  GA  30318
- 21,371 students | 7.90 Mi3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur,  GA  30034
- 7,022 students | 9.10 Mi2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow,  GA  30260