Heald College-San Francisco (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 62% over five years.
|Heald College-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||39 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||750 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||568 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||182 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$34,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a for profit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. San Francisco, California is the original home of Heald College, founded in 1863 by Edward Payson Heald. The 60,000-square-foot campus features fully networked computers and labs. The San Francisco campus offers focused curriculum, outstanding instruction and concern and attention for its students' lives and future. There's nothing like attending college surrounded by the dynamic energy of this thriving city. Heald College San Francisco is a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. And as the greater San Francisco Bay Area rebounds as a strong market for new jobs, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top Bay Area employers. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
- The nearest community college to Heald College-San Francisco is Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 527 students | 0.40 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco,  CA  94108
(415) 675-5200 0.40527
- 442 students | 1.10 Mi350 Rhode Island Street
San Francisco,  CA  94103
(415) 216-4416 1.10442
- 23,610 students | 4.80 Mi50 Phelan Ave
San Francisco,  CA  94112
(415) 239-3000 4.8023,610
- 5,712 students | 6.70 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
(510) 522-7221 6.705,712
- 10,548 students | 7.90 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
(510) 834-5740 7.9010,548
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.