Heald College-San Francisco (Closed 2015)
The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 62% over five years.
|Heald College-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||39 staff||308 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a for profit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning. San Francisco, California is the original home of Heald College, founded in 1863 by Edward Payson Heald. The 60,000-square-foot campus features fully networked computers and labs. The San Francisco campus offers focused curriculum, outstanding instruction and concern and attention for its students' lives and future. There's nothing like attending college surrounded by the dynamic energy of this thriving city. Heald College San Francisco is a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. And as the greater San Francisco Bay Area rebounds as a strong market for new jobs, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top Bay Area employers. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
The nearest community college to Heald College-San Francisco is FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 188 students | 0.40 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 675-5200 0.40188
- 24,441 students | 4.80 Mi50 Frida Kahlo Drive
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415) 239-3000 4.8024,441
- 5,667 students | 6.70 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 6.705,667
- 10,424 students | 7.90 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 7.9010,424
- 5,644 students | 9.60 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-2800 9.605,644
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.