City College of San Francisco
- For 67 years, City College of San Francisco has served the needs of its city in the truest populist tradition. Its goal of "providing educational and cultural opportunities to a diverse and changing community". With 85,000 students spread across nine city-wide campuses, its success is very "down to earth". This multicultural and generational, fully-accredited community college, is one of the largest in the country.
City College of San Francisco places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 948 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City College of San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||948 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||23,610 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,385 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16,225 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,900||$34,600|
- City College of San Francisco (CCSF) offers courses in more than 50 academic programs and over 100 occupational disciplines. There is a full range of credit courses leading to the Associate of Arts and Science degrees, most of which meet the general education requirements of four-year colleges and universities. Occupational courses and programs prepare students for immediate employment. Free noncredit courses such as English as a Second Language and Citizenship, as well as classes designed for Older Adults, are also available. Competitively priced, short-term community service courses meet the training needs of business, industry and government, and personal enrichment of community members. City College has seen many of its students go on to successful careers in a variety of high profile fields, including theater, journalism, science, and professional sports. With its history of innovative curriculum, awards for an excellence, and an impressive roster of loyal alumni, City College continues to make good on its promise. Learning Assistance Center programs provide students with academic support services. The Learning Assistance Center offers a variety of services including tutoring, study groups and workshops. Our labs include a reading lab, a writing lab and three computer labs. We offer college success courses, career success courses and a tutor training course. Online courses provide students an opportunity to learn in an environment that is physically remote from professors and fellow students, but often at the same time surprisingly close and personal. These courses will open the classroom to a world of dynamic, diverse content. However, you also should understand that online courses are not for everyone. To succeed, you have to be self-motivated, possess good study skills, and be an independent learner. Most students find that online courses are as challenging as on-campus courses.
- The nearest community college to City College of San Francisco is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 442 students | 3.90 Mi350 Rhode Island Street
San Francisco,  CA  94103
- 527 students | 5.00 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco,  CA  94108
- 9,393 students | 6.30 Mi3300 College Dr
San Bruno,  CA  94066
- 5,712 students | 10.10 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
- 10,548 students | 11.50 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607