Heald College-Hayward (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heald College-Hayward||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||943 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||718 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||225 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,600||$34,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college with campuses throughout the western United States in California, Oregon and Hawaii. We've been preparing students for workplace success since our establishment in 1863. Heald College started with one campus in San Francisco and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. Since its establishment in 1967, Heald Hayward has evolved into a leading career college that offers business, technology, medical, and dental programs. As the greater Hayward area emerges as a great market for new jobs with top Bay Area employers, we continue to carry out our tradition of educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers. The campus covers 58,000-square-foot facility, serving the greater Hayward area. The campus has a Learning Resource Center featuring a library and a computer lab. There are 780 computers, 17 servers, and fiber-optic data communications and online database in all classrooms. You'll find free email and Internet access on campus, Medical lab with leading healthcare technology, 1,800-square-foot dental lab with digital radiography equipment, a dark room for x-ray development, and sterilization and materials labs, On-site catering truck and vending machines in large student lounge and Bookstore on campus. Program offered at Hayward campus includes Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Office Skills, Sales and Marketing, Software Technologies, Cisco® Systems, Microsoft® Windows® 2003, Network Security, Network Systems Administration, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Medical Office Administration. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,047 students | 0.70 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward,  CA  94545
- 509 students | 4.50 Mi15555 E. 14th Street, Suite 500
San Leandro,  CA  94578
- 6,574 students | 11.10 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland,  CA  94619
- 11,318 students | 13.20 Mi43600 Mission Blvd
Fremont,  CA  94539
- 5,712 students | 13.40 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.