- Since 1902, Indiana Business College, a post-secondary, proprietary educational institution, has been providing men and women with the skills necessary to attain a career in business, industry, and the public sector.
|Harrison College-Evansville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Enrollment||233 students||1,806 students|
|# Full-Time Students||160 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||73 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For over 100 years, Indiana Business College's number one goal has been to educate students and have them become productively employed. The college has developed an enviable reputation as a dedicated two-year Associate of Applied Science degree granting institution graduating students from job-oriented programs into successful careers. The IBC Evansville campus is located on the northeastern side of the city. This eastern side of the county is the most desirable location as far as access to jobs, shopping and housing. IBC Evansville is the campus to attend for students who live in Illinois, Kentucky, or southwestern Indiana, who are interested in pursuing careers in business or medical related industries. Programs offered at the IBC Evansville campus includes Accounting (A.A.S. Degree), Accounting Assistant (Diploma), Administrative Assistant (A.A.S. Degree), Business Administration (A.A.S. Degree), Business and Information Technology (A.A.S. Degree), Computer Network Technician (Certificate), Medical Assistant (A.A.S. Degree), Medical Billing (A.A.S. Degree), Medical Coding Technology (A.A.S. Degree), Medical Office Assistant (Diploma) and Office Assistant (Diploma). Indiana Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Certificates, Diplomas and Associate of Applied Science Degrees.
- The nearest community college to Harrison College-Evansville is Ivy Tech Community College Evansville (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,780 students | 4.50 Mi3501 First Ave
Evansville,  IN  47710
- 2,000 students | 16.20 Mi2660 S Green St
Henderson,  KY  42420
- 4,156 students | 29.50 Mi4800 New Hartford Rd
Owensboro,  KY  42303
- 4,512 students | 33.80 Mi2200 College Drive
Mount Carmel,  IL  62863
- 4,433 students | 43.70 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.