Henderson Community College
- The mission of HendersonCommunity College is to provide general education curriculum for the first two years of a baccalaureate program (associate of arts and associate of science degrees), Offer technical programs to prepare students for immediate employment (certificates, diplomas, or associate in applied science degrees) and provide continuing education, adult education, cultural opportunities, and customized training for the general public, area employers and the local workforce.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has declined by 20% over five years.
|Henderson Community College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,000 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||565 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,435 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$29,400|
- In the fall of 1960, the Northwest Extension of the University of Kentucky opened its doors for the first time to 256 Henderson, Union, and Webster County residents. In 1964, the Northwest Extension became Henderson Community College (HCC), a charter member of the University of Kentucky Community College System. HCC currently enrolls students in academic, technical and transfer programs and provides training for more than 4,000 citizens through its continuing education program. Henderson Community College became a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System in 1998. At HCC, we are committed to offering you a quality educational experience. We enroll students in academic and technical programs, as well as, train individuals through our community and economic development programs. HCC can make a difference in your life by providing: The first two years of courses that easily transfer toward a four-year degree at all Kentucky public college and universities, the University of Southern Indiana, and other colleges and universities across the country. We currently enroll students in academic, technical and transfer programs ? providing training for more than 4,000 citizens through our continuing education program.
- The nearest community college to Henderson Community College is Ivy Tech Community College Evansville (15.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,780 students | 15.40 Mi3501 First Ave
Evansville,  IN  47710
- 233 students | 16.20 Mi4601 Theatre Dr
Evansville,  IN  47715
- 4,433 students | 31.00 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
- 4,156 students | 31.60 Mi4800 New Hartford Rd
Owensboro,  KY  42303
- 1,834 students | 42.90 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946