Owensboro Community and Technical College
- The mission of the college is to educate, lead, and serve all citizens who choose to enhance their lives and community as lifelong learners by pursuing a comprehensive curriculum fulfilling the first two years of a baccalaureate program; a certificate, diploma, and/or associate degree; customized business and industry training; educational opportunities through Adult Basic Education, community service, continuing education, and professional development.
- The teacher population of 146 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Owensboro Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||146 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,156 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,637 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,519 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Owensboro Community and Technical College is located in beautiful Owensboro, Kentucky located along the southern banks of the Ohio River. Owensboro is the industrial and cultural hub of western Kentucky and is the third largest city in terms of population in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Owensboro Community and Technical College includes three campuses and off-site locations in Daviess, Ohio, Hancock and McLean counties. We also serve students from Southern Indiana and other counties in Kentucky. A variety of program -delivery options are available, including evening, weekend, on-line and KET telecourses as well as on-site customized training courses. On it's three campuses, a comprehensive curriculum for technical and career programs is provided leading to certificates, diplomas and associate degrees preparing graduates for employment. OCTC provides two guaranteed transfer Associate Degrees, thirteen Associate in Applied Science Degrees, and twenty-two diploma and certificate programs from which students can choose.
- The nearest community college to Owensboro Community and Technical College is Henderson Community College (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,000 students | 31.60 Mi2660 S Green St
Henderson,  KY  42420
- 4,929 students | 33.60 Mi3501 First Ave
Evansville,  IN  47710
- 4,433 students | 33.90 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
- 4,914 students | 60.50 Mi1845 Loop Dr
Bowling Green,  KY  42101
- 239 students | 61.70 Mi2421 Fitzgerald Industrial Dr.
Bowling Green,  KY  42101
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.