Owensboro Community and Technical College
- The mission of the college is to educate, lead, and serve all citizens who choose to enhance their lives and community as lifelong learners by pursuing a comprehensive curriculum fulfilling the first two years of a baccalaureate program; a certificate, diploma, and/or associate degree; customized business and industry training; educational opportunities through Adult Basic Education, community service, continuing education, and professional development.
- The teacher population of 146 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Owensboro Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||146 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,156 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,637 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,519 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Owensboro Community and Technical College is located in beautiful Owensboro, Kentucky located along the southern banks of the Ohio River. Owensboro is the industrial and cultural hub of western Kentucky and is the third largest city in terms of population in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Owensboro Community and Technical College includes three campuses and off-site locations in Daviess, Ohio, Hancock and McLean counties. We also serve students from Southern Indiana and other counties in Kentucky. A variety of program -delivery options are available, including evening, weekend, on-line and KET telecourses as well as on-site customized training courses. On it's three campuses, a comprehensive curriculum for technical and career programs is provided leading to certificates, diplomas and associate degrees preparing graduates for employment. OCTC provides two guaranteed transfer Associate Degrees, thirteen Associate in Applied Science Degrees, and twenty-two diploma and certificate programs from which students can choose.
- The nearest community college to Owensboro Community and Technical College is Henderson Community College (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,000 students | 31.60 Mi2660 S Green St
Henderson,  KY  42420
- 4,780 students | 33.60 Mi3501 First Ave
Evansville,  IN  47710
- 4,433 students | 33.90 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
- 4,914 students | 60.50 Mi1845 Loop Dr
Bowling Green,  KY  42101
- 239 students | 61.70 Mi2421 Fitzgerald Industrial Dr.
Bowling Green,  KY  42101
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.