Ivy Tech Community College Evansville
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana's economy and enhances its cultural development.
- The teacher population of 200 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College Evansville||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||200 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,780 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,055 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,725 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,200||$29,000|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Activities Board, Student Government Association
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech's growth in its relatively short history has been impressive. Statewide, the College had only 3,233 students in the fall of 1968. Enrollment in 2009-2010 reached over 130,000. Within the state-wide Ivy Tech system, more than 4,800 full- and part-time faculty members teach in the program areas offered in seven schools: Business, Logistics, & Supply Chain; Arts, Sciences and Education; Health Sciences; Nursing; Public Affairs and Social Services; Information Technology; Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Applied Science. Ivy Tech's regional Corporate and Continuing Education Services staff works closely with Indiana businesses to offer customized training, re-training and continuing education in response to specific company needs. These training programs are available at Ivy Tech or in-plant. The College has campuses in twenty-three communities in Indiana and offers courses in over 60 other communities. Ivy Tech has grown into the largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. We also serve the state's businesses and workers with customized education and skill-building programs. Many courses are designed to let professionals earn continuing education units. With 19 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. In addition to degree programs, we also have an extensive transfer program. This allows students to continue on to one of many four-year colleges in the state. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. More than 4,700 students are enrolled at Ivy Tech Evansville, taking day and evening classes at several locations throughout southwestern Indiana. Courses are also offered via the Internet and two-way interactive video.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College Evansville is Henderson Community College (15.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,000 students | 15.40 Mi2660 S Green St
Henderson,  KY  42420
- 4,512 students | 31.00 Mi2200 College Drive
Mount Carmel,  IL  62863
- 4,156 students | 33.60 Mi4800 New Hartford Rd
Owensboro,  KY  42303
- 4,433 students | 45.00 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
- 17,258 students | 46.80 Mi1002 N First St
Vincennes,  IN  47591
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.