H councill trenholm state technical college-Patter
- The mission for the newly merged institution (formerly John M. Patterson State Technical College and H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College) says that we are to provide accessible educational opportunities for career preparation; advancement; and life-long learning; to promote economic growth; and to enhance the quality of life for people in central Alabama.
|H councill trenholm state technical college-Patter||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Enrollment||943 students||1,756 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A comprehensive two-year technical college located in Montgomery, Alabama. Trenholm Tech has two principal campus locations; the Patterson Campus located at 3920 Troy Highway and the Trenholm Campus located at 1225 Air Base Boulevard. The College provides technical certificate and degree programs; adult learning opportunities; civic, social, cultural and personal development opportunities; business and industry training opportunities; and support of economic development for the central Alabama region. The College is part of the Alabama College system, a statewide system of postsecondary colleges, Governed by the Alabama Board of Education.H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College provides vocational, technical, academic, and lifelong educational opportunities; promotes economic growth; and enhances the quality of life for the people of central Alabama. The College operating as one entity, integrating all programs and services where feasible into a single delivery system, is committed to providing comprehensive technical services to its community.Through its open door admission policy and special recruitment efforts, H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College helps multitudes of disadvantaged students obtain real educational opportunities offering promising students a better beginning.H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College will provide a dynamic learner-centered environment where excellence in teaching, learning, and serving improves the lives of its students and the community it serves.
- The nearest community college to H councill trenholm state technical college-Patter is South University,Montgomery (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 624 students | 1.90 Mi5355 Vaughn Rd
Montgomery,  AL  36116
- 315 students | 4.20 Mi3736 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery,  AL  36109
- 1,338 students | 6.20 Mi1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery,  AL  36108
- 1,726 students | 45.30 Mi1675 Cherokee Rd
Alexander City,  AL  35010
- 1,761 students | 45.90 Mi3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
Selma,  AL  36703
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.