South University, Montgomery
- South University is a private academic institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities for the intellectual, social, and professional development of a diverse student population. To achieve this purpose, the institution offers focused and balanced curricula at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
- Enrollment: 349 students
- Private-state tuition: $16,360
- Acceptance Rate: 74%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 67%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
South University, Montgomery ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The educational foundations of South University were laid in 1899 in Savannah, Georgia. Founded as Draughon's Practical Business College by Dr. John H. Draughon, the school was created to educate young men and women on the practical aspects of business. Over the next 75 years, the school's reputation continued to grow and develop as hundreds of promising students graduated and became respected business professionals. The academic programs and services are offered at our campuses in Savannah, GA; Montgomery, AL; West Palm Beach, FL; and Columbia, SC. South University offers a wide range of educational programs on the associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels. All programs are not available at every campus. A broad-based core curriculum is offered, promoting critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, and skills for life-long learning. Additionally, the university focuses on developing the requisites to pursue and appreciate knowledge. South University's approach to higher education and the resulting varied academic experiences provide students with the intellectual acumen and pragmatic approach necessary to create the foundation for personal and professional fulfillment. South University attempts to provide a comprehensive education that instills within its students a philosophy that values not only learning and professionalism but also contribution and commitment to the advancement of community. South University's Montgomery campus is located on the rapidly growing east side of Alabama's capital city. As the state capital, Montgomery is a hub of government, banking, and law, as well as a state center for culture and entertainment. Montgomery is situated in the middle of the southeastern U.S., and is less than a three-hour drive from Atlanta, Birmingham, and the Gulf of Mexico.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South University, Montgomery cost?
South University, Montgomery's private state tuition is approximately $16,360.
What schools are South University, Montgomery often compared to?
South University, Montgomeryis often viewed alongside schools like H Councill Trenholm State Community College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of South University, Montgomery?
The acceptance rate of South University, Montgomery is 74%, which is higher than the state average of 73%.
What is South University, Montgomery's ranking?
South University, Montgomery ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).