- Our mission is to be the primary source of adult education in the northern half of the Pioneer Valley, to provide low-cost, high-quality, open-admission education in a small college environment and to participate in transforming our region into a knowledge-based economy and to prepare our students to live and work in the emerging global society.
- Enrollment: 1,620 students
- In-state tuition: $4,958
- Out-state tuition: $11,078
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Located in the Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, Greenfield Community College was established in 1962 by visionary citizens who saw how a community college would enhance the quality of life and increase people's opportunities in the region. Today, the college's total annual enrollment is over 3,000. Greenfield Community College is one of 29 institutions, including 15 community colleges, that make up the Massachusetts public higher education system. We receive about 40 percent of our funding from the state. We are governed locally by a board of trustees appointed by the governor, and at the state level by the Higher Education Coordinating Council. The College serves an academically, economically, and culturally diverse student population primarily from Franklin and Hampshire counties in Massachusetts, and from southern Vermont and New Hampshire. GCC offers associate degrees for students planning to transfer to four-year colleges as well as associate degrees and certificates to prepare students to enter the knowledge-based workforce, especially in those fields most in demand in Western Massachusetts. Working closely with area businesses and other community partners, GCC provides job training and skills improvement as dictated by the rapidly changing regional and national economies. We are also committed to working in partnership with elementary and secondary schools in our region to better prepare students to pursue education beyond the secondary level. As the only college in Franklin County, GCC exists as the center of higher education in the region and, as such, is committed to providing cultural activities and life-long learning opportunities that enrich our entire service area. Greenfield Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.