- Our mission is to be the primary source of adult education in the northern half of the Pioneer Valley, to provide low-cost, high-quality, open-admission education in a small college environment and to participate in transforming our region into a knowledge-based economy and to prepare our students to live and work in the emerging global society.
Greenfield Community College serves 1,620 students (27% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 45%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,620 students
- In-state tuition: $4,958
- Out-state tuition: $11,078
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 213 teachers has grown by 124% over five years.
Greenfield Community College
(MA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Greenfield Community College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Greenfield Community College diversity score of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has declined by 22% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,958 is more than the state average of $4,424. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $11,078 is more than the state average of $9,401. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located in the Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, Greenfield Community College was established in 1962 by visionary citizens who saw how a community college would enhance the quality of life and increase people's opportunities in the region. Today, the college's total annual enrollment is over 3,000. Greenfield Community College is one of 29 institutions, including 15 community colleges, that make up the Massachusetts public higher education system. We receive about 40 percent of our funding from the state. We are governed locally by a board of trustees appointed by the governor, and at the state level by the Higher Education Coordinating Council. The College serves an academically, economically, and culturally diverse student population primarily from Franklin and Hampshire counties in Massachusetts, and from southern Vermont and New Hampshire. GCC offers associate degrees for students planning to transfer to four-year colleges as well as associate degrees and certificates to prepare students to enter the knowledge-based workforce, especially in those fields most in demand in Western Massachusetts. Working closely with area businesses and other community partners, GCC provides job training and skills improvement as dictated by the rapidly changing regional and national economies. We are also committed to working in partnership with elementary and secondary schools in our region to better prepare students to pursue education beyond the secondary level. As the only college in Franklin County, GCC exists as the center of higher education in the region and, as such, is committed to providing cultural activities and life-long learning opportunities that enrich our entire service area. Greenfield Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Greenfield Community College cost?
Greenfield Community College's tuition is approximately $4,958 for In-State students and $11,078 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.