Greenfield Community College
- Our mission is to be the primary source of adult education in the northern half of the Pioneer Valley, to provide low-cost, high-quality, open-admission education in a small college environment and to participate in transforming our region into a knowledge-based economy and to prepare our students to live and work in the emerging global society.
- The teacher population of 95 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Greenfield Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||95 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,127 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||758 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,369 students||2,352 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$35,500|
- Located in the Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, Greenfield Community College was established in 1962 by visionary citizens who saw how a community college would enhance the quality of life and increase people's opportunities in the region. Today, the college's total annual enrollment is over 3,000. Greenfield Community College is one of 29 institutions, including 15 community colleges, that make up the Massachusetts public higher education system. We receive about 40 percent of our funding from the state. We are governed locally by a board of trustees appointed by the governor, and at the state level by the Higher Education Coordinating Council. The College serves an academically, economically, and culturally diverse student population primarily from Franklin and Hampshire counties in Massachusetts, and from southern Vermont and New Hampshire. GCC offers associate degrees for students planning to transfer to four-year colleges as well as associate degrees and certificates to prepare students to enter the knowledge-based workforce, especially in those fields most in demand in Western Massachusetts. Working closely with area businesses and other community partners, GCC provides job training and skills improvement as dictated by the rapidly changing regional and national economies. We are also committed to working in partnership with elementary and secondary schools in our region to better prepare students to pursue education beyond the secondary level. As the only college in Franklin County, GCC exists as the center of higher education in the region and, as such, is committed to providing cultural activities and life-long learning opportunities that enrich our entire service area. Greenfield Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Greenfield Community College is Holyoke Community College (28.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,604 students | 28.10 Mi303 Homestead Ave
Holyoke,  MA  01040
- 518 students | 28.50 MiRiver Rd South
Putney,  VT  05346
- 3,662 students | 32.50 Mi444 Green St
Gardner,  MA  01440
- 6,622 students | 34.10 Mi1 Armory Sq
Springfield,  MA  01105
- 2,230 students | 36.60 Mi1350 West Street
Pittsfield,  MA  01201