Mount Wachusett Community College Photo #3 - Students spending time together on the beautiful campus at Mount Wachusett Community College in Gardner, MA.
- Mount Wachusett Community College is an accredited, public two-year institution serving 29 cities and towns in North Central Massachusetts. The 269-acre main campus is located in Gardner, Massachusetts. Satellite sites are located in Leominster, Fitchburg, and Devens. The college offers over 70 associate degree and certificate programs, as well as adult education/high school completion programs, education and training for business and industry, and noncredit continuing education programs. MWCC students enjoy many support services and resources including Mount Fitness, the gym and wellness center and the 555-seat Theatre at the Mount.
Mount Wachusett Community College serves 3,187 students (32% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 45%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,187 students
- In-state tuition: $5,068
- Out-state tuition: $9,988
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 595 teachers has grown by 197% over five years.
Mount Wachusett Community College
(MA) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Mount Wachusett Community College has declined by 17% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 6:1 over five years.
The Mount Wachusett Community College diversity score of 0.48 is less than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,068 is more than the state average of $4,424. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,988 is more than the state average of $9,401. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- MWCC is a learning community committed to quality instruction, innovative curriculum, and personalized support. Providing a supportive, creative learning environment for students, faculty, and staff is a high priority. The college is committed to building and maintaining a supportive learning environment that values creativity and diverse perspectives and contributions of all members of the community. We are responsible for equipping our students with essential learning skills to be successful lifelong learners able to adapt easily and acquire new knowledge and skills for a changing world. MWCC's main campus is in Gardner and its satellite campuses are located in Leominster (Leominster Campus & Corporate Training Center), Fitchburg, Athol, Orange, and Devens (Shriver Job Corps, Devens Learning Center, and the Devens Center). The main campus includes an academic building with fully-equipped classrooms, laboratories, studios, library and theatre. In addition, the MWCC Fitness & Wellness Center offers a gymnasium, athletic field, running track, racquetball courts, pool, weight room, and fitness center. MWCC offers its students education for a changing world. Our students learn from dynamic, dedicated faculty in small classes. At the Mount you will receive individualized attention, not only in the classroom, but all across the campus through a wide variety of student services including tutoring and counseling. Mount Wachusett Community College (MWCC) is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mount Wachusett Community College cost?
Mount Wachusett Community College's tuition is approximately $5,068 for In-State students and $9,988 for Out-State students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.