Springfield Technical Community College
- Springfield Technical Community College, a leader in technology and instructional innovation, transforms lives through educational opportunities that promote personal and professional success.
- Enrollment: 4,327 students
- In-state tuition: $5,106
- Out-state tuition: $11,616
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 51%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In the summer of 1967, STI moved into three buildings on the Armory grounds, and opened in September under the jurisdiction of the Massachusetts Board of Regional Community Colleges. In August 1968, the Institute's name was changed to Springfield Technical Community College. An initial enrollment of 400 students and a faculty of 20 began what is now one of the largest and most comprehensive community colleges in the Commonwealth, serving an increasingly diverse population. Springfield Technical Community College offers an exceptional and affordable education to prepare you for a rewarding career or to transfer to a four-year college. Students attend classes on a beautiful, historic campus where they find an experienced and caring faculty, a wide range of associate degree and certificate programs, a diverse student population and a host of services, resources and activities. STCC students enjoy small classes and individual attention, and then transfer to such fine local colleges as AIC, Springfield College, WNEC and ELMS College as well as nationally known institutions like Smith, Mt. Holyoke, Amherst, UMass, RPI, and Boston University. STCC offers 14 programs in Health, 27 programs in Engineering Technologies and 15 programs in Business/ Information Technologies. STCC is a national leader in Entrepreneurship Education. STCC is nationally recognized; major corporations such as IBM, Verizon, Microsoft, and Ford Motor Company have formed educational alliances with the College. The National Science Foundation, which awards very few grants to community colleges, has awarded 20 grants to STCC for projects such as building specialized labs, and has named STCC as the National Center for Telecommunications Technologies. Springfield Technical Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Springfield Technical Community College cost?
Springfield Technical Community College's tuition is approximately $5,106 for In-State students and $11,616 for Out-State students.
What schools are Springfield Technical Community College often compared to?
Springfield Technical Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Holyoke Community College by visitors of our site.
What is Springfield Technical Community College's ranking?
Springfield Technical Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Massachusetts for: Least debt for graduating students.