Berkshire Community College
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkshire Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,230 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||751 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,479 students||2,352 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$35,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- BCC is a public, non-residential, community college awarding degree (Associate in Art (AA) and Associate in Science (AS)) or certificate programs. The college has approximately 148 full- and part-time faculty plus 156 full- and part-time professional, support, and technical staff. Over 2,400 students regularly enroll at BCC each year. BCC offers more than 40 credit programs, with courses ranging from Anatomy to Zoology and everything in between as well as non-credit career training programs and enrichment courses for people of all ages. Approximately 54% of BCC's students are elected to continue their education at baccalaureate institutions. 345 students (including graduates and others) transferred to 115 colleges and universities throughout the country including RPI, Syracuse University, Arizona State, Skidmore, and Boston University. BCC students most frequently transfer to UMass/Amherst, MCLA, Westfield State, Williams, Mt. Holyoke, and Smith. The college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Berkshire Community College is Bard College at Simon's Rock (17.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 329 students | 17.50 Mi84 Alford Road
Great Barrington,  MA  01230
- 11,640 students | 24.90 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
- 164 students | 26.30 Mi1300 Massachusetts Avenue
Troy,  NY  12180
- 131 students | 26.60 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany,  NY  12204
- 837 students | 28.50 Mi700 New Scotland Avenue
Albany,  NY  12208
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.