Berkshire Community College serves 1,465 students (29% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 45%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,465 students
- In-state tuition: $4,658
- Out-state tuition: $10,274
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 26%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 212 teachers has grown by 120% over five years.
Berkshire Community College
(MA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Berkshire Community College has declined by 20% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
The Berkshire Community College diversity score of 0.43 is less than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has declined by 7% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,658 is more than the state average of $4,424. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,274 is more than the state average of $9,401. The out-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- BCC is a public, non-residential, community college awarding degree (Associate in Art (AA) and Associate in Science (AS)) or certificate programs. The college has approximately 148 full- and part-time faculty plus 156 full- and part-time professional, support, and technical staff. Over 2,400 students regularly enroll at BCC each year. BCC offers more than 40 credit programs, with courses ranging from Anatomy to Zoology and everything in between as well as non-credit career training programs and enrichment courses for people of all ages. Approximately 54% of BCC's students are elected to continue their education at baccalaureate institutions. 345 students (including graduates and others) transferred to 115 colleges and universities throughout the country including RPI, Syracuse University, Arizona State, Skidmore, and Boston University. BCC students most frequently transfer to UMass/Amherst, MCLA, Westfield State, Williams, Mt. Holyoke, and Smith. The college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Berkshire Community College cost?
Berkshire Community College's tuition is approximately $4,658 for In-State students and $10,274 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.