- Green River Community College is a public two-year college where students from all over the world come together to learn, grow and enrich their lives. At Green River, students can choose from a wide variety of transfer degrees, professional-technical programs, pre-college and basic skills courses and continuing education classes. High-quality faculty and motivated staff advise, counsel and support students in their chosen educational careers, creating an atmosphere where achievement is expected and encouraged. Strong academics, solid student services, a diverse and lively campus community and new facilities combine at Green River to provide students a one-of-kind education with lessons that will stay with them throughout their lives.
- Enrollment: 7,493 students
- In-state tuition: $4,495
- Out-state tuition: $10,431
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 59%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Green River Community College is a two-year public college in Washington state that offers degrees and certificates in academic and professional and technical programs, as well as courses in continuing education and developmental education. Located on 186 acres, Green River has been committed to maintaining the ecological integrity of the campus's forested growth. Students enjoy this beautiful campus in its safe and peaceful environment. Green River offers courses and programs leading to a variety of associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas in professional and technical fields and academic transfer. The college also offers customized training, developmental and basic skills programs, as well as a variety of noncredit activities and courses for personal enrichment. Students enroll at the main campus in Auburn, the Center at Enumclaw, Center at Kent, other community locations, and through distance learning. Green River also offers a variety of support services to currently enrolled and prospective students to increase their chances for success. Green River Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and by the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.