- Grayson County College, recognizing its interdependence with various communities, is committed to meeting lifelong learning needs through learner-centered instruction and services that promote economic development and cultural enrichment.
Grayson College serves 4,066 students (33% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,066 students
- In-state tuition: $2,544
- Out-state tuition: $3,648
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Grayson College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
The teacher population of 400 teachers has grown by 142% over five years.
(TX) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Grayson College has declined by 7% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five years.
The Grayson College diversity score of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,544 is less than the state average of $3,626. The in-state tuition has declined by 12% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,648 is less than the state average of $5,997. The out-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Grayson County College, as the community's college, embraces lifelong learning focused on educational, cultural, social, and public service activities designed to tangibly enrich the individual and our community. The purpose of Grayson County College is to provide Technical programs, Vocational programs leading directly to employment, Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences, Continuing adult education and community service programs, Developmental education programs, a continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist studentsand Workforce development programs. The college offers Associate of Science, Associate of Arts in Teaching and Associate of Applied Science degrees and certificates. Grayson County College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Grayson College cost?
Grayson College's tuition is approximately $2,544 for In-State students and $3,648 for Out-State students.
What is Grayson College's ranking?
Grayson College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Least expensive tuition.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.