Collin County Community College District
- Collin College is a student and community centered institution committed to developing skills, strengthening character, and challenging the intellect.
- Enrollment: 35,132 students
- In-state tuition: $2,344
- Out-state tuition: $4,144
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Minority enrollment: 52%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Collin County Community College District ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Since offering its first classes at area high schools in 1985, Collin College has expanded to serve more than 51,000 credit and continuing education students each year. The only public college in the county, Collin College offers more than 100 degrees and certificates in a wide range of disciplines. With six locations, Collin College has firmly established itself as the premier academic institute of North Texas. Collin College offers a variety of plans designed to prepare students for a college or university degree. Some options include pursuing an associate degree, completing the core curriculum or a field of study, or beginning coursework in a pre-professional program. The associate of arts, associate of applied science, associate of arts in teaching and associate of science degrees are designed for students planning to transfer course credits to a baccalaureate degree program at a college or university. In addition to core curriculum, Collin offers extensive training in the health professions and public service fields, including nursing, respiratory therapy, dental hygiene, emergency medical services, fire science, and law enforcement. Certificates can be earned in a wide range of high-tech fields, as well. Augmenting the computer networking technology program, Collin is one of six national Cisco Certified Training Centers. The Courtyard Center for Professional and Economic Development (CYC) opened in 1993. Located on Preston Park Boulevard in Plano near the intersection of Park and Preston, the CYC complex houses the Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division, the Small Business Development Center and the Business Solutions Group, which provides customized training to area businesses. Courses offered at CYC include career development, real estate, contract and corporate training, and Seniors Active in Learning (SAIL). Collin County Community College District is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and certificates.