Murray State College
- Murray State College provides opportunities to maximize student learning and personal growth. MSC offers 22 transfer degrees and nine associate of applied science degree that can be completed in two years or less.
- Enrollment: 2,172 students
- In-state tuition: $4,148
- Out-state tuition: $10,068
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 46%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Murray State College was established in accordance with an Act of the first legislature, approved May 20, 1908, which provided for "the establishment and maintenance of agriculture schools of secondary grade in each supreme court judicial district, with a branch agriculture experiment station and short courses in connection therewith." Murray State College is located in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, the county seat of Johnston County and originally founded as the capital of the Chickasaw Nation. One of the oldest towns in Oklahoma and rich in a background of historical and cultural associations, Tishomingo has grown as a city of homes, schools and churches. The School of Arts and Sciences supports all the degree programs, Associate in Science, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Applied Science, by providing the core courses required for graduation. The faculty are active in the President's Scholars program, cultural events, such as plays and art exhibits and Phi Theta Kappa, the junior college honorary society. The School of Applied Science includes degree programs in Agriculture, Business Management, Computer Science and Informaton Systems, Engineering, Nursing/Allied Health, and Veterinary Technology. The certificate programs are two-year technical and occupational programs which will prepare a student to enter the work force.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Murray State College cost?
Murray State College's tuition is approximately $4,148 for In-State students and $10,068 for Out-State students.