Murray State College
- Murray State College provides opportunities to maximize student learning and personal growth. MSC offers 22 transfer degrees and nine associate of applied science degree that can be completed in two years or less.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Murray State College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,473 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,149 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,324 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Murray State College was established in accordance with an Act of the first legislature, approved May 20, 1908, which provided for "the establishment and maintenance of agriculture schools of secondary grade in each supreme court judicial district, with a branch agriculture experiment station and short courses in connection therewith." Murray State College is located in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, the county seat of Johnston County and originally founded as the capital of the Chickasaw Nation. One of the oldest towns in Oklahoma and rich in a background of historical and cultural associations, Tishomingo has grown as a city of homes, schools and churches. The School of Arts and Sciences supports all the degree programs, Associate in Science, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Applied Science, by providing the core courses required for graduation. The faculty are active in the President's Scholars program, cultural events, such as plays and art exhibits and Phi Theta Kappa, the junior college honorary society. The School of Applied Science includes degree programs in Agriculture, Business Management, Computer Science and Informaton Systems, Engineering, Nursing/Allied Health, and Veterinary Technology. The certificate programs are two-year technical and occupational programs which will prepare a student to enter the work force.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,636 students | 36.10 Mi6101 Grayson Drive
Denison,  TX  75020
- 10,169 students | 50.30 Mi1525 W California Street
Gainesville,  TX  76240
- 1,895 students | 70.60 Mi2701 Boren Blvd
Seminole,  OK  74868
- 27,991 students | 73.30 Mi3452 Spur 399
Mckinney,  TX  75069
- 5,086 students | 76.70 Mi2400 Clarksville St
Paris,  TX  75460
With another community college planning to open campus housing for the next academic year, we analyze the pros and cons of campus housing for community colleges.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.