Murray State College
Tel: (580) 387-7000
- Murray State College provides opportunities to maximize student learning and personal growth. MSC offers 22 transfer degrees and nine associate of applied science degree that can be completed in two years or less.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Murray State College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,473 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,149 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,324 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,100||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Murray State College was established in accordance with an Act of the first legislature, approved May 20, 1908, which provided for "the establishment and maintenance of agriculture schools of secondary grade in each supreme court judicial district, with a branch agriculture experiment station and short courses in connection therewith." Murray State College is located in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, the county seat of Johnston County and originally founded as the capital of the Chickasaw Nation. One of the oldest towns in Oklahoma and rich in a background of historical and cultural associations, Tishomingo has grown as a city of homes, schools and churches. The School of Arts and Sciences supports all the degree programs, Associate in Science, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Applied Science, by providing the core courses required for graduation. The faculty are active in the President's Scholars program, cultural events, such as plays and art exhibits and Phi Theta Kappa, the junior college honorary society. The School of Applied Science includes degree programs in Agriculture, Business Management, Computer Science and Informaton Systems, Engineering, Nursing/Allied Health, and Veterinary Technology. The certificate programs are two-year technical and occupational programs which will prepare a student to enter the work force.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,636 students | 39.40 Mi6101 Grayson Drive
Denison,  TX  75020
(903) 465-6030 39.404,636
- 10,169 students | 53.30 Mi1525 W California Street
Gainesville,  TX  76240
(940) 668-7731 53.3010,169
- 1,895 students | 66.50 Mi2701 Boren Blvd
Seminole,  OK  74868
(405) 382-9950 66.501,895
- 27,991 students | 76.90 Mi3452 Spur 399
Mckinney,  TX  75069
(972) 881-5790 76.9027,991
- 649 students | 76.90 Mi1900 W MacArthur
Shawnee,  OK  74804
(405) 878-5100 76.90649
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.