Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College offers career transition services for those individuals who need assistance in determining their career direction and in obtaining support while enrolled in training. New Connections to Work (NCTW) is a comprehensive training and employment program that provides support services to single parents, displaced homemakers, clients from the Georgia Department of Family and Children Services, and students enrolled in non-traditional training. The program operates in collaboration with the Georgia Department of Human Resources, the Georgia Department of Labor, business and industry, and other agencies.
- The teacher population of 187 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Georgia Northwestern Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||187 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,816 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,933 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,883 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Northwestern Technical College is Georgia Highlands College (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,013 students | 4.20 Mi3175 Cedartown Highway, S.E.
Rome,  GA  30161
- 2,512 students | 30.30 Mi5198 Ross Rd
Acworth,  GA  30102
- 1,422 students | 35.90 Mi7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska,  GA  30183
- 6,536 students | 36.80 Mi176 Murphy Campus Blvd.
Waco,  GA  30182
- 9,942 students | 39.10 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.