North Metro Technical College
Tel: (770) 975-4000
- North Metro Technical College in Acworth is now part of the newly formed Chattahoochee Technical College. Beginning on July 1, 2009, The Appalachian, Chattahoochee, and North Metro Technical Colleges merged to form one institution and became the leading post secondary technical college in Georgia. NMTC is known as the North Metro campus of Chattahoochee Technical College. The new Chattahoochee Tech serves over 10,000 students from eight campuses spread over six North Georgia counties. The other campus names are: Appalachian Campus, Canton Campus, Marietta Campus, Mountain View Campus, Paulding Campus, South Cobb Campus, and Woodstock Campus.
|North Metro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Suburban-serving Sing||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||2,512 students||2,588 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to North Metro Technical College is Chattahoochee Technical College (12.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,942 students | 12.70 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
(770) 975-4064 12.709,942
- 247 students | 16.30 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
(770) 226-0056 16.30247
- 642 students | 16.70 Mi2108 Cobb Parkway
Smyrna,  GA  30080
(770) 980-0002 16.70642
- 1,422 students | 17.60 Mi7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska,  GA  30183
(770) 720-5600 17.601,422
- 2,623 students | 20.60 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
(770) 394-8300 20.602,623
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.