North Metro Technical College
Tel: (770) 975-4000
- North Metro Technical College in Acworth is now part of the newly formed Chattahoochee Technical College. Beginning on July 1, 2009, The Appalachian, Chattahoochee, and North Metro Technical Colleges merged to form one institution and became the leading post secondary technical college in Georgia. NMTC is known as the North Metro campus of Chattahoochee Technical College. The new Chattahoochee Tech serves over 10,000 students from eight campuses spread over six North Georgia counties. The other campus names are: Appalachian Campus, Canton Campus, Marietta Campus, Mountain View Campus, Paulding Campus, South Cobb Campus, and Woodstock Campus.
|North Metro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Suburban-serving Sing||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to North Metro Technical College is Chattahoochee Technical College (12.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,483 students | 12.70 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta, GA 30060
(770) 528-4545 12.7010,483
- 388 students | 16.30 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta, GA 30067
(770) 226-0056 16.30388
- 613 students | 16.70 Mi2140 South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
(770) 980-0002 16.70613
- 1,246 students | 20.60 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 689-4795 20.601,246
- 428 students | 21.50 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 576-4498 21.50428
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?