North Metro Technical College
- North Metro Technical College in Acworth is now part of the newly formed Chattahoochee Technical College. Beginning on July 1, 2009, The Appalachian, Chattahoochee, and North Metro Technical Colleges merged to form one institution and became the leading post secondary technical college in Georgia. NMTC is known as the North Metro campus of Chattahoochee Technical College. The new Chattahoochee Tech serves over 10,000 students from eight campuses spread over six North Georgia counties. The other campus names are: Appalachian Campus, Canton Campus, Marietta Campus, Mountain View Campus, Paulding Campus, South Cobb Campus, and Woodstock Campus.
|North Metro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Suburban-serving Sing||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||2,512 students||2,588 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to North Metro Technical College is Chattahoochee Technical College (8.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,942 students | 8.90 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
- 642 students | 16.40 Mi2108 Cobb Parkway
Smyrna,  GA  30080
- 247 students | 16.40 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
- 1,422 students | 17.60 Mi7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska,  GA  30183
- 2,623 students | 20.80 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.