North Metro Technical College
- North Metro Technical College in Acworth is now part of the newly formed Chattahoochee Technical College. Beginning on July 1, 2009, The Appalachian, Chattahoochee, and North Metro Technical Colleges merged to form one institution and became the leading post secondary technical college in Georgia. NMTC is known as the North Metro campus of Chattahoochee Technical College. The new Chattahoochee Tech serves over 10,000 students from eight campuses spread over six North Georgia counties. The other campus names are: Appalachian Campus, Canton Campus, Marietta Campus, Mountain View Campus, Paulding Campus, South Cobb Campus, and Woodstock Campus.
|North Metro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Suburban-serving Sing||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||2,512 students||2,588 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to North Metro Technical College is Chattahoochee Technical College (8.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,942 students | 8.90 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
- 642 students | 16.40 Mi2108 Cobb Parkway
Smyrna,  GA  30080
- 247 students | 16.40 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
- 1,422 students | 17.60 Mi7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska,  GA  30183
- 2,623 students | 20.80 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.