North Metro Technical College
Tel: (770) 975-4000
- North Metro Technical College in Acworth is now part of the newly formed Chattahoochee Technical College. Beginning on July 1, 2009, The Appalachian, Chattahoochee, and North Metro Technical Colleges merged to form one institution and became the leading post secondary technical college in Georgia. NMTC is known as the North Metro campus of Chattahoochee Technical College. The new Chattahoochee Tech serves over 10,000 students from eight campuses spread over six North Georgia counties. The other campus names are: Appalachian Campus, Canton Campus, Marietta Campus, Mountain View Campus, Paulding Campus, South Cobb Campus, and Woodstock Campus.
|North Metro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Suburban-serving Sing||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to North Metro Technical College is Chattahoochee Technical College (12.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,483 students | 12.70 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
(770) 528-4545 12.7010,483
- 388 students | 16.30 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
(770) 226-0056 16.30388
- 613 students | 16.70 Mi2140 South Cobb Drive
Smyrna,  GA  30080
(770) 980-0002 16.70613
- 1,246 students | 20.60 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
(770) 689-4795 20.601,246
- 428 students | 21.50 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328
(770) 576-4498 21.50428
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.