GateWay Community College
- One of the ten nationally accredited Maricopa County Community Colleges, GateWay Community College is a fully accredited, comprehensive institution emphasizing both academic and occupational programs.
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|GateWay Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,950 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,365 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,585 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,500||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A complete college experience must involve not only the development of academic skills, but also the development of personal and interpersonal competencies. GateWay provides a vast array of resources and activities for all types and levels of students. The staff and faculty of GWCC are dedicated to providing you with a practical, comprehensive education that will give you the tools and knowledge to attain a competitive edge in your chosen career or in furthering your educational aspirations. The Maricopa Skill Center has had 40 successful years since its founding in 1962 providing businesses with entry-level employees who can do the job they were hired to do and to understand and practice effective work ethics. An estimated 75,000 graduates have started or enhanced their careers at the Skill Center. GateWay offers exciting opportunities for students who wish to participate in cultural clubs and organizations that are associated with specific career fields. The success of a company is measured by the skill and knowledge level of its employees. We can offer your organization high quality training and state-of-the art technology to increase your company's productivity. Training is offered at your business or on our sites. Training can also be customized to meet your needs.
- The nearest community college to GateWay Community College is The Refrigeration School (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 912 students | 0.40 Mi4210 E Washington Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
- 20,215 students | 2.70 Mi2323 W 14th St
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 290 students | 2.80 Mi555 N 18 St Ste 110
Phoenix,  AZ  85006
- 418 students | 3.00 Mi1140-1150 S. Priest Drive
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 986 students | 4.80 Mi1100 East Apache Blvd
Tempe,  AZ  85281
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.