- The teacher population of 513 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fullerton College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||513 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||25,051 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||49:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||8,828 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16,223 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,200||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Fullerton College is a public, two-year community college governed by a Board of Trustees under the laws of the State of California. It was established in April, 1913, when the governing board of Fullerton Union High School approved a motion that a two-year postgraduate course be added to the curriculum. The new Junior College - for such it was called from the beginning - opened in September, 1913, with 26 students and a curriculum of 10 courses. In 1922 the college was reorganized as an independent junior college district. After holding classes on the Fullerton High School campus for its first 23 years, the college began moving to its own fourteen acre campus next door in 1936. Since offering its first classes in 1913, Fullerton College has grown to become one of the most successful community colleges in the nation. The foundation of Fullerton College's success is the uniquely talented and dedicated faculty, administrators and staff who share a commitment to high academic standards, comprehensive opportunities for students and individual attention to student needs. Fullerton College offers a comprehensive array of academic programs with 90 majors leading to the A.A. or A.S. degree in both academic and vocational subjects, as well as 68 programs leading to vocational certificates. Fullerton College also enjoys one of the highest transfer rates in the state sending graduates to the University of California, California State University campuses and other institutions of higher education. In addition to excellent programs and services, Fullerton College offers a truly collegiate environment. The college's 18,000 students enjoy numerous extracurricular activities in student government, the campus newspaper, championship intercollegiate athletics, performance groups in theatre and music, cultural groups and media production in radio and television broadcasting, to name a few.
- The nearest community college to Fullerton College is American Career College-Anaheim (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,415 students | 3.70 Mi1200 N. Magnolia Ave.
Anaheim,  CA  92801
- n/a students | 4.20 Mi1360 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim,  CA  92805
- 342 students | 6.50 Mi2011 W. Chapman Avenue
Orange,  CA  92868
- 974 students | 7.00 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
- 15,816 students | 7.00 Mi9200 Valley View
Cypress,  CA  90630
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.