Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is an open-door, comprehensive learning-centered institution of higher education serving the citizens of Rowan and Cabarrus counties. The college, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, offers affordable occupational and education programs leading to Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in General Education Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degrees. Diplomas and certificates are awarded for other occupational, adult and continuing education programs. The primary focus of the college`s offerings is on workforce development by meeting the educational needs of the individual and meeting the changing training requirements of business and industrial firms as well as other employers in the service area. Reflecting its commitment to student learning outcomes, the college strives to inspire its students to increase their knowledge, develop occupational and technical proficiencies, respond to lifelong learning opportunities, and increase their awareness as responsible citizens in a democratic society.
- The teacher population of 770 teachers has grown by 124% over five years.
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||770 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,062 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,420 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,642 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,700||$27,500|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AHR Chillers, Art Club, Cabarrus-Kannapolis Early College, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Dental Assisting Club, Global Distinction Program, Living in Faith Today, Minority Student Leadership Academy, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Beta Lambda - Business Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, PRISM, Radiography Club, Rotaract Club, Rowan County Early College Club, Rowan-Cabarrus Education Club, Sigma Alpha Pi, SkillsUSA - Automotive, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, Student Library Council, Student Nurses Association, Veterans Club, Welding Club, Women Obtaining Wisdom
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is the ninth largest in enrollment among the 58 North Carolina community colleges with five campuses across two counties to service our student. Modern classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, shops, and learning resources are available at all campus locations. A highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff stand ready to help you succeed as they encourage you to learn in stimulating and innovative ways. In addition, there are programs in adult education and continuing education such as literacy and adult high school and specialized training programs for business and industry. Corportate & Continuing Education programs support the philosophy that learning is a lifelong activity. This division offers classes and short courses for professional development and community service courses of general interest at convenient times and locations.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is Cabarrus College of Health Sciences (17.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 448 students | 17.20 Mi401 Medical Park Drive
Concord,  NC  28025
- 4,102 students | 22.40 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
- 3,106 students | 23.10 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
- 2,745 students | 27.70 Mi141 College Drive
Albemarle,  NC  28001
- 9,148 students | 30.10 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103
Safety has been a top concern at community colleges since the Virginia Tech tragedy, but awareness has been heightened from recent attacks. We’ll discuss what schools are doing to protect students, as well as recent community college attacks in Texas and Virginia.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.