Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Tel: (704) 216-7222
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is an open-door, comprehensive learning-centered institution of higher education serving the citizens of Rowan and Cabarrus counties. The college, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, offers affordable occupational and education programs leading to Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in General Education Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degrees. Diplomas and certificates are awarded for other occupational, adult and continuing education programs. The primary focus of the college`s offerings is on workforce development by meeting the educational needs of the individual and meeting the changing training requirements of business and industrial firms as well as other employers in the service area. Reflecting its commitment to student learning outcomes, the college strives to inspire its students to increase their knowledge, develop occupational and technical proficiencies, respond to lifelong learning opportunities, and increase their awareness as responsible citizens in a democratic society.
The teacher population of 770 teachers has grown by 124% over five years.
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||770 staff||141 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AHR Chillers, Art Club, Cabarrus-Kannapolis Early College, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Dental Assisting Club, Global Distinction Program, Living in Faith Today, Minority Student Leadership Academy, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Beta Lambda - Business Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, PRISM, Radiography Club, Rotaract Club, Rowan County Early College Club, Rowan-Cabarrus Education Club, Sigma Alpha Pi, SkillsUSA - Automotive, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, Student Library Council, Student Nurses Association, Veterans Club, Welding Club, Women Obtaining Wisdom
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is the ninth largest in enrollment among the 58 North Carolina community colleges with five campuses across two counties to service our student. Modern classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, shops, and learning resources are available at all campus locations. A highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff stand ready to help you succeed as they encourage you to learn in stimulating and innovative ways. In addition, there are programs in adult education and continuing education such as literacy and adult high school and specialized training programs for business and industry. Corportate & Continuing Education programs support the philosophy that learning is a lifelong activity. This division offers classes and short courses for professional development and community service courses of general interest at convenient times and locations.
The nearest community college to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is Cabarrus College of Health Sciences (15.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 433 students | 15.30 Mi401 Medical Park Drive
Concord,  NC  28025
(704) 403-1555 15.30433
- 2,545 students | 25.00 Mi141 College Drive
Albemarle,  NC  28001
(704) 982-0121 25.002,545
- 3,164 students | 25.20 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
(704) 878-3200 25.203,164
- 3,654 students | 27.60 Mi297 DCCC Road
Thomasville,  NC  27360
(336) 249-8186 27.603,654
- 7,779 students | 31.80 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston-Salem,  NC  27103
(336) 723-0371 31.807,779
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.