Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Tel: (704) 216-7222
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is an open-door, comprehensive learning-centered institution of higher education serving the citizens of Rowan and Cabarrus counties. The college, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, offers affordable occupational and education programs leading to Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in General Education Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degrees. Diplomas and certificates are awarded for other occupational, adult and continuing education programs. The primary focus of the college`s offerings is on workforce development by meeting the educational needs of the individual and meeting the changing training requirements of business and industrial firms as well as other employers in the service area. Reflecting its commitment to student learning outcomes, the college strives to inspire its students to increase their knowledge, develop occupational and technical proficiencies, respond to lifelong learning opportunities, and increase their awareness as responsible citizens in a democratic society.
The teacher population of 770 teachers has grown by 124% over five years.
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||770 staff||139 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AHR Chillers, Art Club, Cabarrus-Kannapolis Early College, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Dental Assisting Club, Global Distinction Program, Living in Faith Today, Minority Student Leadership Academy, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Beta Lambda - Business Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, PRISM, Radiography Club, Rotaract Club, Rowan County Early College Club, Rowan-Cabarrus Education Club, Sigma Alpha Pi, SkillsUSA - Automotive, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, Student Library Council, Student Nurses Association, Veterans Club, Welding Club, Women Obtaining Wisdom
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is the ninth largest in enrollment among the 58 North Carolina community colleges with five campuses across two counties to service our student. Modern classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, shops, and learning resources are available at all campus locations. A highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff stand ready to help you succeed as they encourage you to learn in stimulating and innovative ways. In addition, there are programs in adult education and continuing education such as literacy and adult high school and specialized training programs for business and industry. Corportate & Continuing Education programs support the philosophy that learning is a lifelong activity. This division offers classes and short courses for professional development and community service courses of general interest at convenient times and locations.
The nearest community college to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is Cabarrus College of Health Sciences (15.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 448 students | 15.30 Mi401 Medical Park Drive
Concord,  NC  28025
(704) 403-1555 15.30448
- 2,745 students | 25.00 Mi141 College Drive
Albemarle,  NC  28001
(704) 982-0121 25.002,745
- 3,106 students | 25.20 Mi500 W Broad Street
Statesville,  NC  28677
(704) 878-3200 25.203,106
- 4,102 students | 27.60 Mi297 Davidson Community College Rd
Thomasville,  NC  27360
(336) 249-8186 27.604,102
- 9,148 students | 31.80 Mi2100 Silas Creek Pky
Winston Salem,  NC  27103
(336) 723-0371 31.809,148
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!