FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles
- FIDM prepares students to enter the global industries of fashion, visual arts, interior design and entertainment. Students become skilled professionals who are current in technology, experienced in critical thought, appreciative of creative expression, aware of ethical standards and proficient in effective communication.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,886 students
- Private-state tuition: $29,930
- Acceptance Rate: 39%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 67%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Four great campuses - Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, San Diego - give you the chance to find the perfect environment. From a cosmopolitan urban campus to one with that small-town feeling, they're all located in major commercial centers. And for those few moments when you're not thinking about your future profession, our campuses are also within a day's drive of winter skiing, summer beach-going and year-round play. FIDM Los Angeles is fashion central -- at the heart of a city that dominates the entertainment, retail, manufacturing, interior and graphic design industries. Our architecturally stunning main campus is nestled in the quiet 4-acre Grand-Hope Park, with its mosaic water fountains, ivy-covered arbor walks, and metal sculptures. Yet this landmark downtown site is only steps away from the bustling garment district, the International Jewelry Center, and the California Mart --the country's largest year-round mart, with 2,000 showrooms. FIDM provides the most relevant, specialized, professional education available to students seeking careers in the fashion, interiors, graphic design, and entertainment industries. From the moment you walk in to one of our campuses, you feel the FIDM difference. Creativity is everywhere, especially in our students, who come to FIDM to channel their dreams and passions. FIDM offers 2 Year, Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts Professional Designation, and Associate of Arts Advanced Study degree programs. Every program leads to a degree. Our curriculum has been developed, and is continually updated, to reflect the needs of each industry served by our majors. The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) is a proprietary college incorporated under the laws of the state of California. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles cost?
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles's private state tuition is approximately $29,930.
What is the acceptance rate of FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles?
The acceptance rate of FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles is 39%, which is lower than the state average of 89%. FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in California with low acceptance rates.
What is FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles's ranking?
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Lowest acceptance rates, Diversity in US community colleges and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).